03' dodge 1500 A/C compressor question

so i posted this question on a dodge forum but of course no answer lol but i know you guys will always help someone out if you know the answer.

but anyways the other day we were driving and her A/C stoped working out of no where thought it could of big a fuse or something but now 2 days later her truck started screeching very loud then after a few minutes it would stop then start up again with the A/C off

After looking at it seems like its coming from the A/C compressor but im not sure how to test this theory Id rather not run out and buy a new one without knowing

Any help would be great

Thanks guys

Time for a ac compresser bro. Sounds like its gone or the cluches are gone. You got two options ether install a bypass pully an remove the comoresser or buy a new one and have the system recharged.

It almost sounds like the A/C compressor has seized up. Try and find a smaller belt at a auto parts store to bypass the compressor for now. If the screeching on startup stops you know you found the issue. Can also remove the belt and try and spin it.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

Time for a ac compresser bro. Sounds like its gone or the cluches are gone. You got two options ether install a bypass pully an remove the comoresser or buy a new one and have the system recharged.

did see this the first time i looked at it. alright thanks for the help i figured that is what it was going to come down to... boner kill