Sonic Electronix

Hey guys:

So I drive an 05 dodge neon, and I blew out the stock 3.5" dash speakers very quickly. When I did my last build about 3 months ago, I replaced them with a pair of clarion coaxials, just because they happened to be on sale at my local car audio shop. Long story short, they blew also, within a month. I took them out about a month ago and have just been driving around with nothing in there. I'm hoping somebody has reccomendations on what to buy, what not to buy, etc. I'm obviously done with clarion, but was thinking about going with the kicker ks series 3.5s for the simple reason that I am running KS series 6.5s and 6x9s and have never had an issue. The 3.5s will just be running off the deck (25 watts per channel), and my budget is 100 bux. Hit me with your ideas!

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

Yes, my dash 3.5s and my front door 6.5s, not sure how to change that without adding an amp tho, my 6x9s in the rear deck are on an amp, so I'm not sure if I could hook up the front doors to be on their own outputs?

I recommend these: http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/product_details.aspx?itemid=112881

My friend installed these in his 95 Cutlass and abuses the hell out of them, but they still sound great.

1997 Dodge Ram 1500 Ext. Cab Build

(2) Rockford Fosgate T0D412s

3.7 cubic foot ported box

(1) Rockford Fosgate T2652-S

(1) Rockford Fosgate T152

Pioneer AppRadio SPH-DA02

Clarion EQS746 Equalizer

Hifonics HFi1500D

Hifonics ZXi80.4

Custom Dash Bezel to hold Double DIN

Custom amp rack w/ cooling fans

Second Skin throughout entire truck

Optima red top battery

AudioTechnix wiring

Well, I don't know anything about that amp. Can u link to some specs on it. Ideally you want to keep as much sound as possible in front of you, so i would think you would benefit from running the fronts off it instead of the x9's. But I don't know if it's 2 ohm stable or what. I can't really say without more info.

edit

Edited by strangeduck

Well, I don't know anything about that amp. Can u link to some specs on it. Ideally you want to keep as much sound as possible in front of you, so i would think you would benefit from running the fronts off it instead of the x9's. But I doubt know if it's 2 ohm stable or what. I can't really say without more info.

To be honest I don't even know the amps specs, it was just an old amp my neighbor gave to me out of his garage, its a frontier amp, 2x100 rms, but that's all I know... I googled the seriel number and model number and all but came up empty handed. But I put it on the rear speakers for the simple reason that when I put it on the fronts I couldn't even tell the 6x9s existed. With it on the rear speakers I got more of a sorround sound feel. I'm more of a believer to have more powerful rear speakers and less so in the front to create that even sound when sitting in the front seats. But I know nothing about the amp lol, when I have more money I will eventually upgrade, but next on my list is gitting those 3.5s in working order because it adds so much depth in my cars set up

Best 3.5 speakers ive heard and by far the loudest are the infinity kappa. They can also take power. Also the JBL 3.5 are just as great. If you can squeeze a 4 incher go for the infinity kappa.

Its loud as hell and sounds clear and he has it on the radio. We tested it with 50rms on an amplifier and got it sounding louder and better.

Just make sure your crossover is set properly no matter how you run it since not many 3.5 or 4 inch speakers like bass.

1st Setup(SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 Audioque SDC2.5 15 subs8.7 cubes at 37hz build DONEAudioque 1200d (Audioque 1200d Sold, similar performance to my ap1500)Diamond Audio Hex 6.5 Mids n TweetsCerwin Vega Exl 400 4 channel Bridged(also have MTX 4004 not being used)1 Run of power Knu Fleks 4 Gauge2 Cheap stock Battery setup2nd Setup (SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 15 Kicker cvx (maybe two SA 15 in future)7 cubes net tuned at 34hzAlphasonik Old school 1600rms (ap 1500d sold GREAT Budget amp)JBL 6.5 Power Series Components, Infinity Kappa 6.5 3 ways, and 2 Kicker KS Tweets (LOUD)Cerwin vega exl4001 run knu Fleks OFC 0 gaugeBig 3 done1 Odyssey 1500, 1 optima yellow top d31

With my hu I set my low pass at 56 hz and my high pass also at 56 hz. I actually have a question about that, if my low pass is at 56, can I set my high pass at say 220 hz? Would I still hear the full range of frequencies and protect my tweeters better or would I be missing all the tones in that gap? The reason I ask is because I still have my 6.5s running off the deck as well as my 3.5s, and both are on the same output on my hu because of the way my car is set up. And also, would the speakers u reccomended still sound good just running off the deck? I have no plans of putting them on an amp because of small funding