Kickpanel advice needed

Hello all,

I'm starting to do a new build in my 63 Pontiac. Atm i'm using 2x 6,5" speakers which are in a ported box mounted under the parcel shelf. Sounds pretty good, but as it's using my space very inefficient, I would like to put them up front.

This will be my first fiberglass project, so I need some help of you guys :-)

As i'm aiming for a SQ / ESPL setup, I would like to have some midbass (say 80Hz or a little lower). Can this be achieved in a "small" kickpanel? If not, are there any tricks to optimize the midbass so that has at least some of it? :-)

They are currently in a pretty bad designed ported box, which is around 25L (0.88 cu ft), tuned to ~70Hz, running on 60W RMS.

The composet is a Phonocar 2/805 Special Edition. For now it's still underpowered, but I probably add more power in the future.

I would like to make something like this:

kick_panel.jpg

As I want to keep the car original, I don't want to cut in the doors. So kick panels are for me the only option.

Once this little project is finished, i'm going to try building a new sub box which i'm going to place under the parcel shelf - that way I've got some space in the trunk again :-)

I'd say if this is your first project start with something smaller than that

Yeah I know, but this shouldn't be a real problem. I have the time for it, and I know that it's my first time so thing could go wrong. Well, in that case i'll have to start over :-)

I'd like to try new things hehe.

I have more than enough experience with wood stuff, but fireglass is a different story in this case.

It's not really the fiberglass I need help with.... it's more the kick panel itself. I've never heard them before, so I was more curious how to midbass will come out in a "smaller" enclosure. I've read on this forum that good middbass could be hard to achieve in a small kickpanel.