Second Skin Audio

Can someone help explain this?

tbake223

I over heated my Re SXX 10 recently. Sending it back. It was running off a hifonics 1200.1 so i installed my previous (newer version) Re Se-x 10. I turned everything down but after awhile ive kept turning it up and looking for distortion, ive turned it up to the same gains as my SXX, doesnt sound as good but its wangin.

Can someone tell me why the hell my sxx coils are half blown and were makin all kinds of noises and would smell after 30 minutes of abuse while my 600 watt rms SE is beatin down the block? Im guessin cuz its been broke in on my hifonics 600 rms amp for a year or its my .89 cube net gay prefab box thats small for the sxx? Granted i know i cant do this forever, cuz i can feel the center of the sub (coils) getting very hot after an hour drive to work. Just wondering if anyone knows

02 Ford Focus ZX3 hatch

4-Infinity Kappa 682.9cf's

DC Lvl 4

Hifonics BRZ 1200.1 @ 1 ohm

Kicker Wires

Rockford RCAs

Future Upgrades

Knu 1/0

XS Power D1200

80 mil audiotechnix B stock

Could be different coils between the two subs. You could be getting a higher rise with the SE as opposed to the SX.

How was voltage? If you were parked playing the sx and driving playing the se you could have had enough amperage from your alt to keep from clipping with the se but not on the sx.

There are lots of possibilities.

Team NorthWestSPL

i was thinkin that my power is the problem. i need to really upgrade some things, EVERYTHING is stock.which is kinda embarrassing, lol

02 Ford Focus ZX3 hatch

4-Infinity Kappa 682.9cf's

DC Lvl 4

Hifonics BRZ 1200.1 @ 1 ohm

Kicker Wires

Rockford RCAs

Future Upgrades

Knu 1/0

XS Power D1200

80 mil audiotechnix B stock

Archived