How would I go about "dynamatting" my trunk? And I know this stuff is not the best, but that's what I can afford right now. Eventually I'm going to get some Damplifer Pro.

314730_476425979035558_1003922573_n.jpg

And I know this isn't dynamat, I just used that saying.

Edited by Avery Howell

2012 Jeep Wrangler 3.6 W/ 6 Speed

Build Log

2011 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor 6.2

Build Log

YouTube

its called sound dampening/deadening, not dynamatting. just letting you know.

what do you mean how do you go about it? just take the carpet off, if there is, and use a small roller that usually comes with packs of deadener, to press it onto the metal.

you should clean the metal beforehand also before applying the deadner.

what do you mean how do you go about it? just take the carpet off, if there is, and use a small roller that usually comes with packs of deadener, to press it onto the metal.

I posted a pic and thanks idk why I used dynamatting. Any way There's a bunch of big holes in the trunk panel basically. You really have to look at the pic to see what I'm talking about.

Build Log

Build Log

YouTube

I posted a pic and thanks idk why I used dynamatting. Any way There's a bunch of big holes in the trunk panel basically. You really have to look at the pic to see what I'm talking about.

what about them?

what about them?

Do I just out the dampener over the holes? They're pretty big but I can do it. Then there's metal behind the holes too.

Build Log

Build Log

YouTube

what about them?

Do I just out the dampener over the holes? They're pretty big but I can do it. Then there's metal behind the holes too.

oh you mean those giant gaps between the inner metal and the outer metal? no dont bother covering those. its just a waste of deadener.

what about them?

oh you mean those giant gaps between the inner metal and the outer metal? no dont bother covering those. its just a waste of deadener.

Do I cover the inside metal?

Build Log

Build Log

YouTube

Do I cover the inside metal?

yes. i already see you have a couple spots done on the inside part. just finish that up and you should be good. im no genius at deadening though

you can always fill the holes with foam... and then cover the foam in deadening..

thats a tad overkill

you can always fill the holes with foam... and then cover the foam in deadening..

That won't deaden the other metal tho bro

Build Log

Build Log

YouTube