Second Skin Audio

Simple box, Need feedback before building.

Jessica

I just wanted to run this past the forums to see if i had anything blatantly wrong.

Box is for 2 SA-12's d4 on a skar 1500.1 @ 1ohm

Port walls in this diagram measure 15 and the other reads 11 1/4, not counting 45's and I believe that the last 45 counts as port. So down the center right to the exit measures 28 or 29 I think.

The 45's (X6) are added in with the displacement, but not the ones in the port. (X3)

So again, if you see anything completly wrong with this let me know. It's going into my hatch port back subs back.

Thanks

usethis-3.jpg

diagramusethis.jpg

Well, No one has replied in a couple days, so I will bump this once and if I get no replies I won't bump again.

1. I would just like some confirmation on the port length. (measured down the middle and about half way through the last 45 i get 28ish inches)

2. I'm not sure exactly where the actual box volume begins and ends. (guessing at the start of the port, but where exactly is that)

3. If i figure the dimensions of the enclosure not including the port i get 3.64 (torres shows 3.78) after displacement. But like i said, where exactly does the port begin in this box?

I think the port area and area/sqft looks good but i'm not an expert on that either. I don't want a lot of port noise.

I'm not trying to go all out sq. but i don't mind sacrificing a db or two for some sq.

Archived