Use crossovers or no?

I'm looking at either adding two Selenium or Audiopipes upfront in both stock 6.5 locations. Which one do you guys think may perform better? I'm looking to drop two of either into the rear deck. Do they need crossovers even though there will only be on speaker on each side of the front and back stage? Never used crossovers before so I'm not sure how they work. Don't really need them to scream but I'd like if it didnt get drowned out by bass.

if u want ur speakers to play at their optimum level , get xovers, most amps today have sum sort of crossover network, what amp do you have?

"Damned if i do, damned if i don't..."Sold to: RodeoSport, deeppinkdiver, kevosinn, CortezDTV

Bought from: SlamminBeats, Carboardcat15

if this is ur amp http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_44495_Hifonics-ZRX500.2.html ur crossover settings are pretty good if they are true

• Variable high-pass filter (60-13000 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
  • Variable low-pass filter (30-250 Hz, 24 dB/octave)

"Damned if i do, damned if i don't..."Sold to: RodeoSport, deeppinkdiver, kevosinn, CortezDTV

Bought from: SlamminBeats, Carboardcat15

I have 2 sets of cadences on that amp right now. It works

i didnt say it wouldnt work with crossovers. i said it would work if you want to run active. ..

edit, but i also just saw you have a 600.4. thought you were working with only the 2 channel my bad. run active then, with crossovers. be soundin sweeet

Edited by Mikey Bates

Yeah thats the one. So just using crossovers on my amp is fine or run a 2way crossover? If I don't need to run the crossover that's even better

you're going to have to run an xover whether you like it or not. you either buy an external one or use the one built into the amp.

you dont want to have full range going through speakers such as those. hence the need to filter those unwanted frequencies out.