Should I just use my battery relay?

its gonna put a hell of a lot of stress on your alt, and your amps. i'll tell you that much.

Whats the reason behind this?

isolator cuts the rear battery off from getting charged from the alt. so the voltage is going to be at like 12.8 and drop from there. once the voltage drops enough, something like in the 10's and low 11's, the isolator will switch so that the rear battery will be charging now. alts HATE charging dead batteries. it puts a shit ton of stress on them, since they're made to keep an already charged battery charged.

I agree there, I didn't realize the isolator switch's only once the second battery is discharged? I thought it isolates them when the vehicle isn't running, so they are always in parallel when the vehicle is running.

its gonna put a hell of a lot of stress on your alt, and your amps. i'll tell you that much.

isolator cuts the rear battery off from getting charged from the alt. so the voltage is going to be at like 12.8 and drop from there. once the voltage drops enough, something like in the 10's and low 11's, the isolator will switch so that the rear battery will be charging now. alts HATE charging dead batteries. it puts a shit ton of stress on them, since they're made to keep an already charged battery charged.

no...Thats an isolator...This is a relay..which means that when the car is on the relay allows turns on and connects the two batts..So technically whenever the engine is running the batteries would be charging like normal and when the ignition goes off they would be seperated.... or so i understand

Edited by BEEMDUB

no...Thats an isolator...This is a relay..which means that when the car is on the relay allows turns on and connects the two batts..So technically whenever the engine is running the batteries would be charging like normal and when the ignition goes off they would be seperated.... or so i understand

I think this it too, you should be good to go if that's the case.