Second Skin Audio

Two 12's for my 2K?

Tim Lam

AA chaos?

Soundstream splx or the tarantula?

SSA Icon?

I know its hard lol pick one

want to give me some price quotes on those please?:)

i was thinking FI SSD's but they are just not impressing me too much, they seem too much like SQ subs.

right now i'm back to the Sundown SA12's. can get them around ~$195 a piece.

sorry to dig this back up,

but i'm ONCE AGAIN stricken between some subs.

with the news of Sundown working on a X series thats 1000rms,

i cant decide with what subs to get, AGAIN.

now keep in mind these will be on a crescendo 2k ~4.0-5.0 cubic foot box and looking mainly for SPL.

well the options i came up were these:

Audioque HDC3(someone told me i'd be starving these for power)

Dc Level 3's (would love these, but idk how the 3's are on SPL)

Sundown SA's

or should wait till we see those Sundown X's?

• 3 weeks later...

Well I know these aren't on your list but if you got four Ascendant Aresnals or two Ascendant Chaos's you would be good. They are a little pricey compared to what you want to pay but they are worth it. I am on a budget too and I got two Ascendant Chaos's and two Earthquake Sound PHD2000W amps (the red ones) to power them. But I had to wait to put them in and I am getting them in soon and I am glad I have waited.

Now from what you have listed I would go with DC Sound Lab Level 3's because not many people use then at least where I live in STL. And I have never heard anything bad about them. Now I have heard bad about Sundown, but I do not know if it is true.

I am a DC and AA fan, I got a good deal on my Chaos's so that's why I got them, they weren't around what you want to spend, but I was willing to sacrifice having them in right away to have a bada** setup. Now the next step for me is to get the mids and highs.

But yeah I would get the DC's if I have to pick from what you listed. Now they should do what you want them to do.

Good luck and enjoy the level that you will be in with that setup you will have.

thanks for your suggestions. i have hear good thing about AA but i decided to go with 2 AQ HDC3's.

actually just picked up an 8" PVC pipe from a friend(HOLY SHIT ITS HUGE AND HEAVY!)

so ill be slapping them in a ~5.4cube box net and tuning them to 36Hz.

off my crescendo 2k

can't wait to see these things move some air>:)

thank you.

i'll be sure to keep everyone posted on my build log. 2nd sub comes in friday. then just have to save up (will be a few months due to other debts i have)

for the materials for a proper box for these beasts >:]

Archived