Second Skin Audio

Fi subwoofer wiring.

After countless hours and research I think I'm going to buy 2 12" Fi SSD subs to replace my 2 12" kicker comps. I'm going to run them off a DX1000.1(2011 model). Should I get the dual 1 or dual 2? And how should I wire them? The box I have has 2 terminals and last time I tried wiring speakers it was just a mess. Any help would be good. Thanks!

do you plan on keeping that amp? cause you'll be basically giving them half power

edit: im asking this because you have to get dual 2's to use the subs on that amp, but you will need dual 1's if you plan on upgrading to a 2000w amp in the future. otherwise you'd need to get an amp that does 2000 at 2 ohms and not 1, which will be considerably more money

Edited by Kranny

do you plan on keeping that amp? cause you'll be basically giving them half power

edit: im asking this because you have to get dual 2's to use the subs on that amp, but you will need dual 1's if you plan on upgrading to a 2000w amp in the future. otherwise you'd need to get an amp that does 2000 at 2 ohms and not 1, which will be considerably more money

Yes I would like to keep this amp. I probably will get another one in the future.

No problem, thanks. So my amp and these two subs would work okay? And if I got another amp ( the same one ) they will work okay?

well you are going to basically give those subs 1/2 the rated power which will work but, if in the future you decide to upgrade the amp to give those subs full power, then you would actually have to find an amp that does around 2000 watts rms at 2 ohms or at 0.5 ohms, its easier and cheaper to find and run an amp at 1 ohm.

So if you are gonna upgrade then it's better to get the dual 1's now, only draw back is that you would have to run them at a 4 ohm load with approximately 1/4 rated power each.

Edited by Sonic