Second Skin Audio

Enclosure for 2 15's need some input.

If you can fit 8-9 cu ft, that's what I'd do. At the very smallest, 7 cu ft. Tuned to 32hz would be just right.

It's going into a 2012 Challenger.. Gigantic trunk should fit just perfect. Redone.. look right? Also does the type of port matter? I assume This would be using an L Port

2cf34ow.png

Edited by Spencer Good

2012 TORed Challenger

4 Alpine Type-R 10

1 Brutus 2400.1

20' Knu 1/0 OFC

1 XS Power D1200

i8YxD.jpg

I'm trying to work my way around the Torres calc.. still not sure. Is there an easy way to start out on these? Also, RE SEx 15's. Not sure on amp.

one of the most important things is to always look at the Port Area and Port Area Range figures near the bottom right. the P.A. number obviously has to fit somewhere inbetween the two P.A.R. numbers.

find the Help file within the Torres program itself, to figure out what the "# of common port walls" is.

bracing shouldn't be much. if you use some 3/4" dowel rods, for example, it shouldn't be more than like .05cuft taken up for bracing.

I'm trying to work my way around the Torres calc.. still not sure. Is there an easy way to start out on these? Also, RE SEx 15's. Not sure on amp.

one of the most important things is to always look at the Port Area and Port Area Range figures near the bottom right. the P.A. number obviously has to fit somewhere inbetween the two P.A.R. numbers.

find the Help file within the Torres program itself, to figure out what the "# of common port walls" is.

bracing shouldn't be much. if you use some 3/4" dowel rods, for example, it shouldn't be more than like .05cuft taken up for bracing.

Kranny I updated the post with my sheet.. I'm still not sure this is correct.

EDIT: Read a little tutorial.. seems like this is perfect. My last question, is is this counting the box as an L ported box.

x5aypl.png

Edited by Spencer Good

2012 TORed Challenger

4 Alpine Type-R 10

1 Brutus 2400.1

20' Knu 1/0 OFC

1 XS Power D1200

i8YxD.jpg

your port height cant be the same height as your box.

if you're using .75 wood, then the port can only be 16.5" tall.

also, you didn't put a number in for # of common port walls (number will be 0,1,2, or 3, depending on where the port is. i suggest a center port, which would be a 2), or for woofer displacement, or bracing displacement.

also the box has to be WAY bigger. you have 5.72cuft in that picture. you need 8

Edited by Kranny

your port height cant be the same height as your box.

if you're using .75 wood, then the port can only be 16.5" tall.

also, you didn't put a number in for # of common port walls (number will be 0,1,2, or 3, depending on where the port is. i suggest a center port, which would be a 2), or for woofer displacement, or bracing displacement.

also the box has to be WAY bigger. you have 5.72cuft in that picture. you need 8

As soon as I put in a port number, It says tuning is 0 hz

2012 TORed Challenger

4 Alpine Type-R 10

1 Brutus 2400.1

20' Knu 1/0 OFC

1 XS Power D1200

i8YxD.jpg

Not port number, that box is for aero ports if being used. He is referring to the Number of common port walls box.

Edit-In miscellaneous

I figured that out now, I hope this is correct.

28wp8ok.png

Edited by Spencer Good

2012 TORed Challenger

4 Alpine Type-R 10

1 Brutus 2400.1

20' Knu 1/0 OFC

1 XS Power D1200

i8YxD.jpg