Mechman Alternators

Mechman for the win!

When you call them discuss how exactly you will be using the alternator, ask about the external regulator as I believe its a option. What would be the pros and cons with or without the external regulator. Mechman explains why my alt setup and I'm pretty sure any other one using an external regulator benefits from it in his post #14.

I aimed at idle output so my unit varies from other ones for my truck. Mechman explained to me "The unit that you have now will make slightly better output below 800 rpm engine speed than the 340 amp unit will. If your truck idles below 800 rpm, you might notice a decrease in voltage at idle compared to the 250 amp unit you have now. At any RPM above 800, the 340 amp unit will outperform your current unit."

As you can see if you have a 97 5.4l expedition you can get a 340amp unit for this truck as well. Good luck and please throw some pics up of whatever you get :drink40:

Edited by crunkjuice1

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg