I'm in need of new taillights for my truck, the left brake light is out. I have two options...

1. LED tails, similar to the ones I have now (pictured below) or...

2. Stock tails similar to the 2003-2007 Silverado's with LED bulbs...

Either option, the brake lights will be wired up with a Sho-Me flasher for responding to the station. If I go with option 1, I will only have strobes in the reverse lights...option 2, there will be strobes in the brake lights & reverse lights...it doesn't really matter either way.

Anyways, which would you guys suggest? I'm down for either option, but some suggestions would be nice. Nothing too ricey though...Any links and suggestions would be great. I've tried looking for my current ones, but no luck yet...

582781_10152071020025512_1700179301_n.jpg

POTATO!

do the second ones have the bubble ?

Second ones? You mean 03-07? Yeah, they're the rounder style taillights, no amber in them.

Oh, and those interested in the flasher I'm talking about...

POTATO!

my opinion the 03-07 are nicer :good:

Definitely. The 99-02's are too textured and the amber to the rear is ugly IMHO. My buddy has an '02 2500HD he dropped strobes in, and it just doesn't look right. But, the LED's would be nice. Just nothing too ricey...

POTATO!

Definitely. The 99-02's are too textured and the amber to the rear is ugly IMHO. My buddy has an '02 2500HD he dropped strobes in, and it just doesn't look right. But, the LED's would be nice. Just nothing too ricey...

exactly so go for it :D lol

exactly so go for it :D lol

Lol. I just can't decide if I'd rather have '03 tails with LED bulbs, or LED tails...I love the stock '03 tails.

POTATO!

Well, I cursed myself. Had to drive to town today, and ended up losing the tail light. :lol: Brackets were broke so it was held on by electrical tape, been holding since end of February...damn good run if you ask me. Anyways, looking into new taillight replacements. I was hoping to find '03 style with LED's built in, but all the LED tails I find are the 99-02 style housing. I'd love to do the '03 style, but that means I have to order LED's as well...now I'm trying to choose lens colors...black, red, clear (chrome?) or smoked red...

POTATO!

Archived