Sonic Electronix

Hi! I have two old Fosgates RFR 3115 Power Hx2s and i have always used them in sealed boxes but i have some one built two ported boxes for them but a lot smaller than the Rockford suggestions. They have 2.05 cu.ft. Internal and tuned to 40hz. My questions are; Will they be ok at that enclosure? Cause Rockford recomends 3.5 cu.ft. With 4 ports of 4*18 in round ports. And the 2nd question is; Im using a rockford 3sixty and i was verifiying the subsonic or highpass filter of the sub section but it goes from 20-35hz so being tuned to 40hz and using the subsonic at 35hz will harm my subs? Please if you dont understand something just ask me. Its just that im not so good at english. Thanks for your help! :-)

Honestly if the sub bottoms out at 45 hz Houston we have a problem you should be good my box is 37 hz and my filter is at 25 n she's fine

depends on the woofer.

i've never heard of a subwoofer bottoming out ABOVE tuning unless it had very loose/old spiders or it was seeing too much power.

No Kranny! I was asking if a 35hz subsonic will make my woofers bottom out on a box tuned at 40 hz! And if it will harm anything cause its the first time im going to use ported boxes. Thanks!

I just did some measurements and after sub displacement my boxes will get tuned to 42 hz. Will it still play low or not at all. And being higher the tuning frequency will i still be able to use my subsonic filter at 35 hz?

Archived