1994 DeVille Concours Door Lock issue...

As title says a 94 DeVille Concours, when I bought the car it had no factory key fab, I found a cheapo key fab + programming instructions online for 14 bucks, I followed the instructions, grounded called out wire, pressed key fab lock button twice, waited, twice more, removed wire from ground. everything works fine. about a week later i noticed my door locks locking/unlocking locking/unlocking while driving around... after a day of this i tracked it down to when I use the breaks.. push down, and as i lift up when i get to the end of releasing the break doors lock, wait 2 seconds, then unlock... it went away for a few days but comes back randomly. I've ensured the wire that I grounded to program the fab is protected and NOT grounding in any way. I'm at a loss.. suggest I just take it in and take the bullet for diagnostics and service @ a caddy dealership?

are you showing any codes on the dash, you can run the obd DTC codes youself.

To check for Diagnostic Trouble Codes stored in the computer, turn the ignition on, then hold down the OFF and WARMER (for digital dash) or OFF and passenger-WARMER buttons (for analog dash) or OFF and "Info ^" buttons (if you have temperature dials) until all of the dash lights come on. The digital display will then show any codes stored. Be prepared to write them down. When it's done, you will probably see "PCM?" At that point, press the OFF button 3 or 4 times until the dash goes back to normal, or just turn off the ignition.

Remember, when in the diagnostic mode the LOW FAN button becomes NO and the HIGH FAN button becomes YES to the promts. To clear the codes answer NO until you see CLEAR CODES? Then answer YES.

Archived