Jump to content

Polk DXi6500 ??


moddage

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey all,

I'm new around here, but not that new to car audio.

Just wondering what anyone's opinions were of the Polk Audio DXi6500 component sets?

I've never owned Polk car stuff, but I listened to a set of these and I have to say they sound pretty good.

Anyone else here ever run them? and if so what do/did you think?

Any suggestions for a considerably better component set (as far as clarity and reproduction goes) for the $150/set price tag?

EDIT:

Forgot to mention that I'm going to be powering whatever 6.5" components I end up with from a Nakamichi PA-1004 50RMSx4 @4Ohms <0.05% THD. So I've got a pretty decent amp for them. And if it matters I'm currently running a Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD but seriously considering going back to single DIN and getting the DEH-80PRS because of the Burr Brown DAC's and 16 band EQ's.

As for a sub stage, I've got a Kicker L7 12 in the loaded enclosure(got it dirt cheap) powered by an Audiopipe APSM-1300. (only using 750RMS tuned with an oscilloscope)

Thanks in advance,

~Moddage

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1081 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...