Convertible bass solution...

If any of you guys have taken on the challenge of bass in a convertible, particularly with the top down, I could use some suggestions. I have a 4th Gen (96) Camaro convertible. I've got a pair of 12W7s and a pair of 1000/1v2s that I haven't installed yet because I'm up in the air about the best way to go about it. I've already put 2 pair of C5s in the stock speaker locations and have a 300/4 to power those and a Kenwood 996x head unit.

What are my best options? Anybody ever tackled one of these F-body convertibles?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Tim

Nothing huh? Well, right now the plan is a fiberglass bottom to use up all the airspace in the well, and a birch top, ported, with the ports firing into the cabin through the passthrough. One concern is that with the top down the ports will be firing pretty much directly into the rear glass. But it seems to be the only solution to getting the airspace the 12W7s need. Still open to suggestions, but we're gonna get after it next weekend and see what happens. :)

You aren't getting any answers because you put this in the home audio section. This section doesn't get a lot of views really. You should ask a mod to move this or delete it then start a new thread in general audio or the subwoofer/enclosure section. Also i saw another thread just yesterday on the same subject as this.

Archived