Speaker Problems, Any Suggestions ?

fenix881

hi everyone, i have been reading all old post to see if i can fix the problem but no luck so far

The Problem: i have 6 speakers that i have connected to an Ma audio hk1398 amp. i connected everything right and i got a whinning noise that came from the speakers, and it tends to change when i pushed the accerlerator, but still is a type of whinning sound. So i checked the ground and i grounded with 4 gauge. it is grounded to bare metal. i have also seperated the remote wire, and rca cables far from the power cable, and i still got the whinning noise, the music could still be heard but the whinning noise is much louder. could the ma audio amp be the problem. i have tried the speakers on another amp in my friends car and they work perfectly. also i checked my rca cables and tried two sets that came with 1/0 kicker kit.. also i must add that the ground is fine because i have a hifonics xx golaith for a solox 18'' and i havent had any problems with that. my head unit is a pioneer deh-p390mp, and the speakers are electrovoice. please any suggestions will help. thank you

freddy velez

you need to ground your rca's, how u do this is take a piece of wire (doesnt matter how big in size but not to big prolly 18guage will do) thats what i have, and strip it back about 2-3inches and the outside of ur rca that looks like O not the D rap the wire around it on teh outside of the rca and twist it tight, and then ground it at the HEADUNIT(why i put in caps is if u dont do it there it wont work) it doesn't matter witch one just atlest one of em, and then plug it in, it wont hurt the headunit cause rcas are grounded anyways to send the signal to the amp but its a weak ground and sometimes u'll get interferince, this will work cause its how i have mine now and is the easyest way to get rid of ground noise, hope this helps for you n good luck, ps make sure its the outside of the rca that u hold on to to hook it up rap it around the lil bit of metal that protudes from it from the plastic and twist it tight and u'll be set, :)

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

you need to ground your rca's, how u do this is take a piece of wire (doesnt matter how big in size but not to big prolly 18guage will do) thats what i have, and strip it back about 2-3inches and the outside of ur rca that looks like O not the D rap the wire around it on teh outside of the rca and twist it tight, and then ground it at the HEADUNIT(why i put in caps is if u dont do it there it wont work) it doesn't matter witch one just atlest one of em, and then plug it in, it wont hurt the headunit cause rcas are grounded anyways to send the signal to the amp but its a weak ground and sometimes u'll get interferince, this will work cause its how i have mine now and is the easyest way to get rid of ground noise, hope this helps for you n good luck, ps make sure its the outside of the rca that u hold on to to hook it up rap it around the lil bit of metal that protudes from it from the plastic and twist it tight and u'll be set, :)

hi there thank you so much for your help. do you have any pics of how it should look like? i get confused with the O and the D , the rca i have are straight on both ends. i will try this tomorrow and take pictures and post them to see if i do it correctly. thanks again

freddy velez

hi there thank you so much for your help. do you have any pics of how it should look like? i get confused with the O and the D , the rca i have are straight on both ends. i will try this tomorrow and take pictures and post them to see if i do it correctly. thanks again

the O is the outside that goes over the female and the D is the male part in the middle, hope that clears it up, and prolly tommrow i'll make a tuitorial about how to do this cause most ppl dont kno about it yet cause i had to rewire my geo just to find out it was the rcas and then my truck started acting up and i payed out like $50 in noise filters that did nothing, and this worked perfect and hasn't messed up sence then, if i can find the camra cord i'll go take some pics of what im talking about

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

i hope this helps,

you take a piece of wire mines 18guage

DSCN1100.jpg

strip it back bout 3inches from end or how ever long needed

DSCN1102.jpg

take ur rcas

DSCN1101.jpg

rap the wire around the O

DSCN1103.jpg

and then hook it up(i used my xover to show how it will look)

DSCN1104.jpg

hope this clears everything up :DB)

i hope this helps,

you take a piece of wire mines 18guage

DSCN1100.jpg

strip it back bout 3inches from end or how ever long needed

DSCN1102.jpg

take ur rcas

DSCN1101.jpg

rap the wire around the O

DSCN1103.jpg

and then hook it up(i used my xover to show how it will look)

DSCN1104.jpg

hope this clears everything up :DB)

wow thanks, you're the man, yeah ive read old post of grounding rca, but was never sure, the pictures helps alot. ill post my results tomorrow. thanks again

freddy velez

np man thats what we do here at smd B)

Archived