Anyone tried this? (Ez-12 Parabolic Reflector)

http://www.freeanten...ate2/index.html

Gonna try to make a one or 2 tomorrow and use one for the router and one for the external card with external removable antenna

Supposed to give you a 9dbi increase and make the antenna directional.

This works best for aiming the card at the router if you have multiple devices. Not so much on the routers end unless you have a specific direction you want it pointed.

Personally I wanted to mount the modem and router in the middle of the garage (basically the middle of the house since it's a 2 story) so that top and bottom floors get even signal.

Right now it's at the end of the house and upstairs in my bedroom which is on the other end I usually get a -80 at best or no signal at all.

I will first try leaving the router where it's at but the logical thing to do would be to move the router and have it centralized while mounting it to the ceiling would give the upstairs rooms 15 feet closer to the router and probably solve all the problems altogether.

That's a whole different project but something sealable so no moisture gets in would be in order. Not sure if it would over heat though. maybe a couple holes with some mesh screen and a fan?

Anyone wanting to join in on the project feel free to post signals before attempting this.

I use inSSIDer for pc and there is also an android version (both free) http://www.metageek....ducts/inssider/ (be careful opening this site around anyone because the team's name is "metageek" and on the top there is a button with a pic that says "chat with a geek" so people will either think you're into nerdy guys or consider yourself a geek and are trying online dating)

For iOS (ipod, iphone, ipad) you would need to jailbreak it, as apple removed all wifi scanning apps from the app store, and you need to have it jailbroken to even get the free version of the wifi enhancer which shows SNR (dbi) (-xx) instead of the stupid bars. Any help jailbreaking feel free to PM me or post in the thread. I've had my ipod jailbroke for years and done so much stuff to it and it's still going strong. If you are afraid of voiding the warranty I would not suggest it because apple won't fix jailbroken devices if they fail for any reason

Anyways, here is the pic that you need to print out (scale it bigger for a bigger decibel gain) and here is the wifi card I have which was $10 at frys a couple months ago (also supports packet injection if you know what that is good for > :D )1352192853123.jpg

TL_WN722_N.jpg

2010 HHR LT - DNX 6160 - sony xec-700 - sony xm-4040 for door mids - XM-6020 for tweets in a-pillar - saz1500d v1 - VVME RD-12 1.75 f^3 32hz

guru and president of the "cheap asses trying to beat up the block with bargain bin woofers" club

Archived