Body lifts are sketchy and a pain in the ass

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

• 3 weeks later...

X2!! I read in a lot of 4x4 forums about kids wanting to do the cheapest lift for their ride. Mixing and (not)-matching parts. Its a dangerous game. A set of 2" blocks added to the 3" blocks can be deadly. Also, sourcing some unmatched 5" coils that havent been spec'd for the specific vehicle, and trying to make that work with some wierd rear lift, or even with a good set of 5" leafs, can ruin your ride. Companies have already done all the reasearch, testing, fabbing, etc. They're the safe bet, and your ride will still be good.

I sourced a 6" skyjacker lift, with the optional rear spring packs, long radius arms, Rancho 9000rs shocks with onboard air, and a bunch of other stuff for $600 shipped. Normally it woulda cost about $2k. Go to some durango forums and try to find a used lift kit. They're out there, already designed and ready to go, and a whole lot safer.

Just buy a 6 inch suspension kit and don't fuck with it. Lifts aren't something to be cheaped out on

Just buy a 6 inch suspension kit and don't fuck with it. Lifts aren't something to be cheaped out on

I feel like I need to correct myself. A shitty poor installed body lift is sketchy. If you get a good kit and install it right they aren't that bad. As long as you don't get into accident or roll it your safe!

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

Archived