kowboy Posted January 23, 2008 Report Posted January 23, 2008 A few weeks ago I installed a HU in my 2001 Suburban. I've done this at least 30-40 times in my life (four in this truck alone, lol!), but this time after I installed it, I noticed (when it got dark) that my instrument cluster/gauges/hvac lights won't come on anymore. Also, my temp. gauge/compass thingy up above is also out. I pulled every single fuse and (visually) inspected them, but to no avail. Is there maybe a harness or plug behind the radio that I may have accidentally unplugged? Anyone ever have this same issue? Come to think of it - I did remove the hvac controls to stuff the wires there, but I put it back-hmmmmm... I dunno, anyone?
htx kustoms Posted January 24, 2008 Report Posted January 24, 2008 Check your dimmer switch .. Did u hook up the illumination wire to the dimmer wire or vise versa???
htx kustoms Posted January 24, 2008 Report Posted January 24, 2008 Check your dimmer switch .. Did u hook up the illumination wire to the dimmer wire or vise versa??? If you did you might have burned up the dimmer switch...
kowboy Posted January 24, 2008 Author Report Posted January 24, 2008 If you did you might have burned up the dimmer switch... hmm...good idea(s). I'll check that asap. thx!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.