kenwood x996 help

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

through means that you;re running the signal through the processor in the deck, which is the eq, xover, speaker size, location, etc etc. Bypass, well, thats just it, it bypasses all that good processing and comes out the deck neutral, without processing.

I would use the Through, and then make all your changes. Click the Function button, left click your Right button, scroll down to Sound. Then click on Setup. There you will find Xover, which I'm sure is not set, so your bass mids are getting too low freqs and distorting. Then you can adjust Highway Sound, Supreme, Speaker location, Type of vehicle etc etc. Then back out of there and go to Control. There you can do your eq and some other things. RTFM -> read the f'ing manual, is pretty much what its about, then you'll know what to adjust....

Yeah I bet your biggest issue here tho is that the xover is not set, and the bass mids are distorting from 30-40hz freqs. If you like loud uppers, adjust the xover to about 90hz. If you like moderate listening with good full range bass mid effects, 50-60hz will work, but wont go as loud as at 90hz.

hth!

Archived