Sundown Audio

Strapping/Syncing TWO Rockford T10001BD amps...help please!

62caddy

Hey everyone,

I know this has been talked about quite a bit, but through all of my searching, I could not come up with a straight answer. Here's what I have: I have two RF T10001BDs, and I am going to be purchasing two FI SSD18 subs for my 2wd 'Hoe.

My question: Am I better off syncing the amps via BdSync to run the two subs so everything is totally consistent? If I strap the amps, am I ending up with essentially one 2000w amp in the end or does the impedance end stay separate? That is important so I know whether to buy Dual-1 or Dual-2.

Here's my thought:

If I were to run both amps completely separate, I should buy dual 2-ohm subs to wire each down to 1 ohm to take full advantage of the T10001BD. Strapping the amps is where I have a question with how to properly wire the subs to amps.

One more set of questions, how do you properly strap two T10001BDs together? The BdSync cable I assume, and set one amp to master and one to slave? Then I set gain/frequency/bass knob on the master amp only, right?

And one more thing: I would like to purchase the appropriate BdSync cable for my amps if anyone has one they don't need.

Hopefully my questions are not too confusing. If need be, I can try to explain myself better.

Thank you for the help

-Rick

*2004 GMC Yukon Denali, black on black 24s, stock Bose Luxury system.

*1999 Chevy Tahoe 2wd 4 door, Ford Earth Metallic paint, 6/7 drop on 20s ***System In Progress!!***

*1964 Chevy Nova Wagon---bagged, custom paint, Dakota Digital, custom leather seats, and much more!

*2004 Honda Ruckus (yellow), low, loud, and stretched!

Archived