Sonic Electronix

I am new to installing and on here. I am curious with my current setup will it be good enough to run efficiently or do I need a bit of more upgrading? I currently have 130amp stock altenator, Big 3 1/0. Have standard battery up front with single run of 1/0 to rear SPV-70 by Stinger. I am running currently a Diamond D6 700.4 to 2 sets of Hex 500s' on 4 gauge. I have a Hifonics BRE2000.1d arriving Friday to power 2 type r 1243d's. I have 1/0 running from back battery to a distribution block. 200 amp anl with 0 gauge to run Hifonics. I have heard there inputs are small and probably will have to trim the KNU wire down some. My Diamond is running 4 gauge off dist block and is running superb. Now my question is can this set up properly run my R's good. I am not trying to reach enormous SPL with this but I would like to get about 14-1500 rms to subs. Is this possible. My volt meter with Diamond stays in 14's in Idle. I know the BRE will cause a substantial drop but will I be okay. I have thought about an altenator upgrade but funds are just about at 0 with all the other I have done. All suggestions are welcome! Thanks

200amp HO

Big 3

Diamond Audio S500s (front)

Diamond Audio M65.1a (rear)

Kenwood KIV-BT901

Kicker, Stinger, Knu 0 gauge, 4 gauge

Kinetik HC2000b x 2

Hifonics BE2100.1

Memphis MR4.480

SQ HDC312's x 2 36hz

The Hifonics I believe uses unregulated power supply, so if you cannot maintain 14v due to amplifier demand, then the voltage will drop and will also start demanding more current (amps). This can, and prolly will, result in dimming lights etc. With your Big 3 done, your electrical system is relatively safe, but under full load you may end up killing your alt or batt, from overdemand. Looks like your total draw, on paper, is gonna be around 250 amps, give or take. Your alt is 130a. So, no, you wont reach the full potential of the system, and your separates with the D6 may suffer too, under full load or when the 130a supply limit is reached. Yeah a better alt would be in order, but if you can add another batt to the system that would help too. Batts make power on their own from chemical electrolisis. It can give you quite a bit of needed juice for those bass notes. I think, with another batt, and good wiring, which you have, you can get about 1200-1300 watts realisically (due to resistances from length of wire, actual amp output levels, etc etc). thats a good figure to start, and then once you add an alt that can supply 250 amps, you would most likely reach full power. Just be careful not to starve your system, or demand too much from the electrical system. Once you hook up your Hifonics, your electrical and sound systems will not be matched, and that has the potential to create problems. gl

Archived