Sundown Audio

Amp problems- haalp

Afficionado

I would say to check your Ohm load. If they're set wrong. Your amp is done. Most kicker amps are only 2ohm stable.

http://a248.e.akamai...C_4-ohm_4ch.jpg

like this except both positive and negative wires were connected together and put in the amp.

11v? yeah....thats low. the ground has to be bolted to the frame, or a strut tower, with all the paint/rust sanded off so the metal is shiny.

did you try swapping to a known good pair of rca's?

yeah i fixed the ground, and tried different rca's.

did you fix the ground and try different rca's before or after this problem happened?

after i fried my amps.

i would check your remote wire

them remotes always jammin up my jelly

for rizzles? i have a remote wire run from the back of my h/u and then 3 wires hooked onto it to power up my 3 amps.

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

I would say to check your Ohm load. If they're set wrong. Your amp is done. Most kicker amps are only 2ohm stable.

like this except both positive and negative wires were connected together and put in the amp.

11v? yeah....thats low. the ground has to be bolted to the frame, or a strut tower, with all the paint/rust sanded off so the metal is shiny.

did you fix the ground and try different rca's before or after this problem happened?

after i fried my amps.

for rizzles? i have a remote wire run from the back of my h/u and then 3 wires hooked onto it to power up my 3 amps.

remote wires from a headunit can output only like 500ma max. usually this is enough to keep an amp turned on, but not multiple ones at the same time.

your bad ground may have caused this entire issue. high resistance in the ground lead causes the amp to work MUCH harder than it has to to output X amount of power.

after i fried my amps.

remote wires from a headunit can output only like 500ma max. usually this is enough to keep an amp turned on, but not multiple ones at the same time.

your bad ground may have caused this entire issue. high resistance in the ground lead causes the amp to work MUCH harder than it has to to output X amount of power.

hmm, i've had no problem so far with my amps staying on, that's not to say it won't be a problem in the future though. how do i fix this problem? some sort of relay or?

i imagine now it was my bad ground =[ such an expensive learning experience.

though in neither case was i pushing the amps very hard when they failed.

i think i read u already sent your problem amp off 2 kicker, but if i misread

try only hooking up the problem amplifier

your headunit could be struggling 2 keep a strong remote signal

i sent the first one off and then i fried another one =[.

i've tried something to this effect already.

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

im gonna bet that your amp is fine.

yea if thats your problem you would need a relay but...

ive fixed this problem by using subwoofer wire for remote wire

not that little blue shit

my guess is that there was just enough reduction in resistance 2 stop the shut offs

if it was your ground, your ground wire should def have signs/smells of the plastic casing burning a little

grayish color too

if you've never had this problem before keep an eye on your headunit it could be acting up

**actin bad like a kid at six flags**

also, could someone explain to me the ohm load i'm running with my subs hooked up how they are?

I have 2x dual 4 ohm subs

on one side of each i have the + and - connected together.

then i have a + and - run from each to the amplifier, but the positive are twisted together to form one wire and the negatives are too. what kind of ohm load am i pushing?

also, could someone explain to me the ohm load i'm running with my subs hooked up how they are?

then i have a + and - run from each to the amplifier, but the positive are twisted together to form one wire and the negatives are too. what kind of ohm load am i pushing?

so all +'s are together and all -'s are together? like this?

2_4ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

edit: if so, then there is another problem. you're wiring a 2 ohm amp to 1 ohm.

thats -2 ohms

haha idk where did u learn that wiring setup from or did u just try til something worked

you could've blew the outputs on your kickers from improper wiring?

i reference crutchfield subwoofer wiring diagrams for those its 3am and i cant be wrong helper graphs

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-rA3RJJwnsmV/learn/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wiring.html

**actin bad like a kid at six flags**

so all +'s are together and all -'s are together? like this?

2_4ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

edit: if so, then there is another problem. you're wiring a 2 ohm amp to 1 ohm.

sorta. on one side the positive and negative are connected together and both of the positive and negative runs come from the same side. if it doesn't make sense i can try and draw a picture in paint, but it will probably be pretty ugly.

thats -2 ohms

haha idk where did u learn that wiring setup from or did u just try til something worked

you could've blew the outputs on your kickers from improper wiring?

i reference crutchfield subwoofer wiring diagrams for those its 3am and i cant be wrong helper graphs

http://www.crutchfie...ers_wiring.html

-2 ohms?!

im gonna bet that your amp is fine.

yea if thats your problem you would need a relay but...

ive fixed this problem by using subwoofer wire for remote wire

not that little blue shit

my guess is that there was just enough reduction in resistance 2 stop the shut offs

if it was your ground, your ground wire should def have signs/smells of the plastic casing burning a little

grayish color too

if you've never had this problem before keep an eye on your headunit it could be acting up

just went and tried hooking it all up again and bridging the power to the remote to ensure a good signal.. my amp power light starts to light up and then immediately goes to flash the protect light and it repeats.

no signs of burn on the ground wire, power wire looks burned a little bit on one end.

Archived