Sonic Electronix

Why won't my amp cut off? and why does it not work?

I was riding down the road and my friend saw a spark come out of one side of my amp. the side it sparked - there are only 4 wires: power wire, ground, remote and bass control knob cable. so im guessing from my power or ground. i wasnt even listening to music loud at all, maybe 10/64 volume and im tuned at 32/64. so now my amp stays on and wont shut off and it doesnt appear to be working since my subs arent cutting on. maybe a fuse is the problem? but i dont understand why it sparked all the sudden? and why it wont shut off when i turn my truck off? and primarily why is my amp not working? what are all the possibilities?

and no i did not wire my remote to a constant volt. if a fuse is blown would it still cut on? but i dont understand why it wont shut off. ive had it for couple years and never had an issue and this happens all the sudden..

Any help would be appreciated. thank you!

Sounds like your fixed positive line has jumped across to your remote line. The remote input on the amp is constantly seeing voltage keeping the amp on.

The spark could have been from positive touching ground for a moment.

(Old Car) 1995 Volkswagon Golf MK3 2.0L:

Fi SP4 18 On A DC Audio 3.5K In A PWK Box

Hertz DSK 6" Speakers, Clarion HU

3x Fullriver 120aH AGM's, 225A Alt

2012 Subaru BRZ:

Audison Prima APK 163

Bit One, Rockford Amps, Audison Sub

Archived