Second Skin Audio

Would like some help with box and port for 2 SA12s

Joe Soliwoda

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and I need a lil help with getting my Sundown SA12s enclosure built. I Emailed Sundown for over 3 weeks and all I got was I need 2ft3 per sub... I know that much!! Anyway what I have is an 05 Acura TL, First off, what my last setup was. A single Vega Stroker 122 in a 3ft3 enclosure with a 6 inch aero, 17 in long. Sub fired foward, port out the side. I tried several boxes years back and all this car seems to like is rear or side fired ports. Amp Is a old school USamps VLX 400 running @ 1 ohm mono. 2400 watts rated at 12v. The stroker worked well, just not so good on the low lows though, and after 2 recones I got the Sundowns. What I'm looking for is someone here thats familiar with these woofer. I do want to keep the 6 inch aero out the side, subs foward. My questions are I have a box drawn up with 4.3246 ft3 gross volume. Is this enough box and is the aero enough port with the big power im using? My other question is if this is enough box and port what port length do I need to tune box to around 30-34 htz area? Any answers and suggestions would be much appreciated. Broke subs in and have been looking at them sitting here and its making me nutz!! Lol. Thanks

Archived