Sonic Electronix

New to car audio, want a system for my car, got questions!

Virginia Beach. And would it even be worth buying some Pyle's or something for the time? I don't want to get something that's going to sound not as good as what I currently have and be throwing away money.

Is it wise to buy 6x9's? Are they actually worth the extra money?

Edit: didn't see the other newer posts

@Rockford: I'm running 2 Diamond D3 10's and I was looking to upgrade to 2 SA-10's. But I see a lot of commotion about the SA-8's...why's that though?

@adam I think I found the perfect buy....

http://www.amazon.com/Package-Subwoofers-Brz1200-1d-Monoblock-Amplifier/dp/B004J1YLXI/ref=sr_1_6?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1356586986&sr=1-6&keywords=re+audio+12 (i'm sure the amp isn't the best choice for the 2 RE's, but it seems like a good buy, don't know much about RE though but I've had others suggest them to me)

Or should I just go with the SA 12 for $195 and the Hifonics 1700 for $209?

that amazon package deal would be a pretty good system actually. I personally had 2 RE SX 15's with a hifonics BRZ2400.1D and regret selling them. Mine were the old RE's and those ones you looked at are the new ones I hear aren't as good but i'm sure for a daily system they are fine. I would say the 2 12" RE SEX woofers on 1200 rms would be louder then the single SA 12, for almost the same price I would go that route. Just make sure you get a custom box design, and have it tuned around 35hz so you can enjoy most of your music.

Driving my 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 MEGA cab with the 5.7 hemi.

Audio: Two 10" Alpine Type R's ( 1000rms models )

Hifonics BRZ 2400.1D @ .5 ohm

Two Kinetic 1400 batteries ( soon to have XS power under hood )

Tsunami 1/0 Awg wire throughout truck.

Stock Infinity 7 speaker system ( Junk ) soon to be replaced, probably all Alpine.

Exterior: 17"Dick cepek rims with 33" Toyo MT tires

Bushwacker fender flares

Magnaflow true duel exhaust

LED tail lights with Projector headlights

Plasti-dip fun coming soon!

for now, glue that D3 surround. Dont use calk, use silicone, or Barge, or superglue, or Shoe Goo, you know. That will be a free fix pretty much, so you'll have tunes while shopping for your newer stuff (your current gear sounds like its getting old).

Another poster posted above to research, learn etc. Ask quesstions. Start looking on sites for good deals. You can get some really good deals on very nice sounding component sets. Some like $50/set. Check out robotunderground.com, apexjr.com, partsexpress.com to name a few. And yeah sundown rocks. Superb subs, great prices, excellent service.

Start looking around online.

If you are on a buget of 1000-1500 I would say get 2 sundown sa 12's on a hifonics Brutus 1700.1d with a good battery up front and in the rear 1/0 gauge wiring and some good speakers in the car, as said before you can get an amp for those later. If space in the trunk Is an issue then you could look into sa 10's or 8's. these subwoofers will still pound for there size, for that set up you could go with the hifonics 1200.1d. The will help steer clear of to much strain on your alt. good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

So that Silicone I used....yea it didn't work lol. Now my speaker's got blue specks everywhere hahaha!

So I'm keeping the speaker disconnected...trying to figure out how to spend this money...upgrade my subs? Door speakers? Or do something under the hood and tint?

Cousin is still suggesting staying with 10's and not 12's. Not sure why (maybe to save money on building a new box...?) but...idk! I could wait until I get my taxes back and maybe be able to upgrade more than what I can now...

Any suggestions? I'm at a loss for a decision right now.

Archived