Update Kicker Gave Me A New 08 Way Better Than 06

LOL Dealers, I work at a dealer doing installations... No I am not going to keep that amp, I am getting a Bigger, Better Hifonics BXi2008D

2000 watts RMS, 4000 watts max... Should be perfect match.

I'm just saying that sub had something wrong with it the first day I turned it on it stunk really bad, and the gains were adjusted with a multimeter... Now PoleCat, you can't say kicker has never made a subwoofer with a flaw, I think I just got a bad one, But that L7 didn't hit hard enough for me.

no, I can't say that, and will not...man made, but that beefy Pioneer is man made too, so if it blows, will you blame Pioneer? If you have a flat, will you blame Goodyear?

Good luck with your next install.

Behind every great man....is an underwear tag!

Did you have the bass turned up on the deck when u had the l7?

O yea just because you blew a kicker sub doesnt mean you have to be an ass about it to polecat, its not his fault, its yours, get over it.

People blow subs everyday, do you see them hating on the company like you are?

Edited by 4bass0adiction8

lol, my subs are 600w max each and im giveing em 500rms each and i pound the hell out of it everyday and they dont stink(prolly cause its a sealed box) but they dont get warm or anything, i guess its to his own, if not ied get a set of kicker comp vr 12's to go with that amp they slam :)

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

the sad thing, is I bet we DO warranty it.

THEY GAVE ME A NEW 08!!!!!

I put a nice letter, telling them what I had did, did not have the orig reciept like kicker wants, and they Sent me a new 08!!!! It is way better than the old one, I was amazed how hard it hit, now all i have to do is break it in and Im getting rid of it before I blow it, if I blow it, I have the volume at 1/4 bass boost at 1/4, sub sonic at 100hz and the gain 1/4 To break it in, Ima turn off bass boost in my head unit off.

But the new 08s hit way better and WAY more precise than the old ones, It is amazing how fast it parks and starts up again.

Siggy.png

bass boost off, SSF can't be adjusted, you mean crossover?

so you like it, they gave you a free upgrade to an 08, and you still plan to sell it?

But if I turn the bass boost off it won't hit, but if you say so I will, yes I mean cross over it is set at 100hz.

I am probably going to sell it to my brother, he likes it, I love it, but I promised my dad I would by that pioneer when he bought a new sub.

Siggy.png