Bence Posted January 29, 2013 Report Posted January 29, 2013 I have a 2004 F150 supercrew. The entire truck was gutted and sound deadned with raamaudio BXT II mat and then topped with ensolite. The wiring is all KnuKonceptz. The head unit is a Pioneer AVH-P3300BT, the amp is an Arc Audio KS 900.6 (4x60 + 1x550 @ 4 ohm), the front speakers are Image Dynamics XS65 and the subwoofer is a JL Audio Stealthbox with one 10" W3V3. I love the way the Image Dynamics speakers sound. I know everyone has a different ear for sound and some speakers sound better than others, but to me these are hands down the best sounding components I have owned. That being said since Eric left Image Dynamics and a new company owns them I want to go a different route with my car for my front speakers. I have also heard that all amps sound different. On to my current build and question. I currently am working on my 2000 Acura TL. The entire car with the exception of the roof will be sound deadned with raamaudio BXT II mat and topped with ensolite. The wiring is KnuKonceptz. The amp for the front speakers is an Elemental Designs NINe.4 (65Wx4 @ 4 ohm) that I purchased years ago and has been sitting in my closet, the sub amp is a Kicker 750.1 (750Wx1 @ 2 ohm) that I bought about the same time as the ED. The head unit is an Alpine CDA-9887 and the sub is an Arc Audio Black 12 that I will be running at 2 ohm in a 1.1 cubic foot sealed enclosure. What components are going to be the closest in sound to the XS65's? I would like to stay around $400. Do I keep the amps that I have or do I sell them and buy Arc Audio amps? I have heard a lot of good about Hybrid Audio Technologies but have never listened to them. There are just too many choices for speakers.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.