Jump to content

home build bass guitar case... ?


Recommended Posts

Posted

ok so I'm thinking about tryina build my own case for a buddy of mine's bass that he can't find a case for. it's a Burnside "the Lance" by Guild bass... till a few days ago he didn't even think they existed other than his but I found a few pics online of 3 others... typically they are electric guitars made back in the 80s... this being a bass it is bigger than the electrics and it's an oversized flying V body type so it doesn't fit in any regular cases either of us have been able to find which is why I was thinking about trying to build one rather than him having to spend $400 getting a custom one made professionally...

my question is I've never done this but I know a little bit about working with wood and stuff but this will be unlike anything I've built before so thought I'd ask around and see if anyone here has done anything like this... and also ask about where might be good places to get some of the less common parts for it.

so far I am looking at some 1/8" hardboard that I found at home depot to use to actually build the case...

some 90 degree brackets to glue it to around the edges to get it properly shaped...

some 2" hinges (for obvious use)

some basic clasps (also pretty obvious what those are for)

one of those fuzzy fleece blankets to put inside to make it look good and make it soft inside

now here's where I started having trouble...

some 1/2"-1" foam padding

a comfortable handle

and also trying to figure out how I'm going to strap it all together... I would rather not just glue stuff cuz while glue can be strong I just can't bring myself to use only that to hold all this together... it's easily a $2000 bass and besides that it's a awesome looking and incredible sounding bass and would be next to impossible to replace as to my knowledge there is like 4 of them in existance... but I don't wanna use screws cuz like I said I'm using 1/8" hardboard... that's not alot to screw into

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4850 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...