Building a new computer

So, i'm selling my current computer to a friend, and it is time to upgrade.

I probably will buy some stuff used on ebay, it's just cheaper that way.

I could very easily find everything and do it myself, but i want to hear of your experiences on what you suggest.

literally every piece, your preferred RAM, PSU, CPU, mobo, even your preferred SSD. Will be purchasing by friday.

SSD will be 120+ gb

probably going to go with 32 gb RAM.

I don't know that i will be playing any games, but i might be, and i run 2x 42" t.v.'s, so it will be a decent card for sure.

so, what would you do?

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

2 42" tvs.. Since your not a gamer what do you need that kinda screen real estate for?

i use them to watch shows, work school projects, edit video, i do game on occasion.

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

with that kinda screenage might be good to run a pair of GPUs that are X-fire capable and X-fire them together so you have 2 really powerful GPUs acting as one REALLY powerful GPU... same concept as strapping amps together in car audio. as far as the SSD I've got a OBZ (I think that's the leters) vortex... I wanna say 4... and as far as the CPU I'm running an AMD Phenom II x4 black edition (it was the best one they had 3 years ago) but at this point that is probably a little outdated, they have a few x6 now last I checked. Or if your budget is a little bigger what I REALLY wanna put in a computer one day is the Intel I9 lol but that's like $1000 just for the CPU so I think I will pass on that for right now. but that is basically the equivilant of a 12 core processor (6 physical cores plus hyperthreading makes it run as 12 virtual cores) if you're running 32gb of ram you're gna need alot of processor for that computer or there's no point in bothering with that much ram.

as far as the hard drives in general what I would say do is run the OS on the SSD and then get a mobo that can do it and then get 3 WD black and RAID 5 them as your data hds (I only say black cuz those are beast hds... really you could use any 3 as long as preferably they're the same size... if you're worried about power consumption you can get the green that's supposed to be more power efficient). technically if you've got the SSD hd running the OS you don't NEED to go as high as RAID 5 cuz basically RAID 5 is for both speed and security and you really don't need added speed for your data hds... but it's more coolerrer than RAID 0 or 1 :P plus by going RAID 5 you can also get the storage capacity of 2 out of 3 hds instead of having to use 4 hds to get 2 usable hd capacity.

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

What is your budget? I can't recommend anything when I don't know how much you plan on spending. Please don't say "I don't have a budget" because I could easily part out a $15000 PC for you if you really have no budget.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

What is your budget? I can't recommend anything when I don't know how much you plan on spending. Please don't say "I don't have a budget" because I could easily part out a $15000 PC for you if you really have no budget.

lol yea I went with a "no budget" basically for my computer just cuz I just got what I had to get and bought parts as the money came in kinda thing... took me 4 months but I wound up with a $3000 AMD build lol if I had gone with Intel it woulda been probably alot better but also probably in the $10-20k range cuz I was litterally just trying to make the best computer I could build around the processor I picked out lol (and yes I built my entire computer around the processor)

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

with that kinda screenage might be good to run a pair of GPUs that are X-fire capable and X-fire them together so you have 2 really powerful GPUs acting as one REALLY powerful GPU... same concept as strapping amps together in car audio. as far as the SSD I've got a OBZ (I think that's the leters) vortex... I wanna say 4... and as far as the CPU I'm running an AMD Phenom II x4 black edition (it was the best one they had 3 years ago) but at this point that is probably a little outdated, they have a few x6 now last I checked. Or if your budget is a little bigger what I REALLY wanna put in a computer one day is the Intel I9 lol but that's like $1000 just for the CPU so I think I will pass on that for right now. but that is basically the equivilant of a 12 core processor (6 physical cores plus hyperthreading makes it run as 12 virtual cores) if you're running 32gb of ram you're gna need alot of processor for that computer or there's no point in bothering with that much ram.

as far as the hard drives in general what I would say do is run the OS on the SSD and then get a mobo that can do it and then get 3 WD black and RAID 5 them as your data hds (I only say black cuz those are beast hds... really you could use any 3 as long as preferably they're the same size... if you're worried about power consumption you can get the green that's supposed to be more power efficient). technically if you've got the SSD hd running the OS you don't NEED to go as high as RAID 5 cuz basically RAID 5 is for both speed and security and you really don't need added speed for your data hds... but it's more coolerrer than RAID 0 or 1 :P plus by going RAID 5 you can also get the storage capacity of 2 out of 3 hds instead of having to use 4 hds to get 2 usable hd capacity.

i currently have the phenom II x4 too :P

so i want an upgrade for that.

I was already running a 60 gb SSD for my OS, but it's easier for me to have a bit more stored on there, thats why i wanted a bigger one.

i currently have 3x 1.5 TB wd drives that i am keeping.

well, i'm hoping to go used on ebay for some of it...i guess under $1,000?

i currently have the phenom II x4 too :P

so i want an upgrade for that.

I was already running a 60 gb SSD for my OS, but it's easier for me to have a bit more stored on there, thats why i wanted a bigger one.

i currently have 3x 1.5 TB wd drives that i am keeping.

W

hat is your budget? I can't recommend anything when I don't know how much you plan on spending. Please don't say "I don't have a budget" because I could easily part out a $15000 PC for you if you really have no budget.

well, i'm hoping to go used on ebay for some of it...i guess under $1,000?

well good luck finding them on ebay but apparently AMD has 8 core CPUs now lol I don't know anything about them but you could give one of them a try :P for a budget build like that I would def suggest sticking with AMD. top end Intel well demolishes top end AMD in power speed and quality... but it also runs about 4-5x the price and therefore not budget friendly and even looking at equivilant stuff between AMD and Intel the Intel is alot more. Like I said though I basically built my computer around my CPU and if I was gna do it again I would def give one of those 3.6GHz 8 cores a try lol as I've never actually tried them out though I would suggest you maybe read a few reviews on them to make sure they actually are as good as they sound

My Build Log

Archived