Sundown Audio

when setting the gain... question

pintich

ok, well you can search on the forums for "what volume headunits clip at" there is a thread full of different headunits and the max volume you can run on them.

Setting gains without a proper tool is difficult, because of course, you need to verify you are giving the amp a clean signal first.

I would just use a 40hz tone for your sub amp as i think tony said that is pretty much the industry standard. and use 1k for your mids amp if you have one.

If you can't find you head unit in that thread i mentioned then you are just guessing again. I won't say "go buy a dd-1 right now". I have set gains by ears in the past on never blown anything up, but then again i am not you. No disrespect intended.

If you want to be serious about this, then please by either an oscope or a dd-1 and do it right. Because like i said, without one of those you are only guessing.

ok, well you can search on the forums for "what volume headunits clip at" there is a thread full of different headunits and the max volume you can run on them.

Setting gains without a proper tool is difficult, because of course, you need to verify you are giving the amp a clean signal first.

I would just use a 40hz tone for your sub amp as i think tony said that is pretty much the industry standard. and use 1k for your mids amp if you have one.

If you can't find you head unit in that thread i mentioned then you are just guessing again. I won't say "go buy a dd-1 right now". I have set gains by ears in the past on never blown anything up, but then again i am not you. No disrespect intended.

If you want to be serious about this, then please by either an oscope or a dd-1 and do it right. Because like i said, without one of those you are only guessing.

yeah i know that the HU start giving a bad signal at 49 so its clean at 48 a guy here on SMD had same as me and he had tested it :) and i have plans on getting a O-scope when i can get my hands on a good deal :)

Archived