Sundown Audio

setting gain using o-scope question.

pintich

you can learn the functions of the different knobs just by playing with them. thats how i learned mine. my scope has like 25 different knobs and switches, but i only need to use like 4.

intensity is how thick the line is on the screen. focus is obvious.

i always had my CH A/B switch on AC, since thats what amps output.

the red/black knob on the left side is volts per division. you shouldn't really need to touch that red knob (which is gain im pretty sure) but each of those numbers on the outside of the knob dictate how many volts per square on the grid. like 1 would be 1 volt per every grid line. .1 would be .1 volts per grid line, etc etc.

for higher power amps, you'll likely need to readjust the vertical alignment using one of the knobs. i THINK its the one on the bottom on the left of the Rotator thing. but like i said, just play around with it and you'll get the hang of it easy.

those connectors are BNC. i literally just found a bnc cable, cut one end off, and put the + and - wires inside the speaker terminals. works perfect.

edit: oh yeah. you're going to need to play with that red/black knob on the right hand side when playing tones. just play with the positioning til the wave doesn't look like its on crack anymore and is showing steady on the screen.

im not the greatest with scopes, but i know enough to make them work for what i need LOL.

you can learn the functions of the different knobs just by playing with them. thats how i learned mine. my scope has like 25 different knobs and switches, but i only need to use like 4.

intensity is how thick the line is on the screen. focus is obvious.

i always had my CH A/B switch on AC, since thats what amps output.

the red/black knob on the left side is volts per division. you shouldn't really need to touch that red knob (which is gain im pretty sure) but each of those numbers on the outside of the knob dictate how many volts per square on the grid. like 1 would be 1 volt per every grid line. .1 would be .1 volts per grid line, etc etc.

for higher power amps, you'll likely need to readjust the vertical alignment using one of the knobs. i THINK its the one on the bottom on the left of the Rotator thing. but like i said, just play around with it and you'll get the hang of it easy.

those connectors are BNC. i literally just found a bnc cable, cut one end off, and put the + and - wires inside the speaker terminals. works perfect.

edit: oh yeah. you're going to need to play with that red/black knob on the right hand side when playing tones. just play with the positioning til the wave doesn't look like its on crack anymore and is showing steady on the screen.

im not the greatest with scopes, but i know enough to make them work for what i need LOL.

Thanks for all that info! helpt me alot to anderstand a o-scope more :)

Archived