Help with lights dimming!!!!!!

No prob bro :drinks:

Only been on smd for a week or so but I have learned to much from you guys. So much in fact I am gutting my current setup and starting fresh.

Congrats on the choice for better audio man! Lots of great info on here :)

Dont forget to start a build log when you do start, In the meantime check out mine lol Links in the sig

Ok so i played around with some grounds yesterday. I shortened all my ground wires on my amps to less than 6 inches( the longest one being 6 inches) and i also put another4 gauge chassis ground on my battery under the hood. My voltage drop went from 1 volt to around .3-.5 volts. I have emailed some people about getting 0 gauge but money is tight right now because im 16 and in high school but anyway the dimming has went down tremendously. Thanks for the help everyone

i dont know if they said anything about this but. could all your amps be taking alot of amps????? maybe try another battery?? can you list all your equipment?

Ive got

Subs:

2 12 pioneer ts-w309d4

Amps:

audiobahn 800d monoblock on subs

rockford fosgate r400-4d on front speakers

200-4 on rear speakers dont know the brand

Front speakers:

2 rockford fosgate p165 3 way

2 rockford fosgate p165 2 way

2 rockford fosgate p1t-s tweeter

Rear speakers:

2 Infinity reference 6032si 2 way

2 infinity reference 1031t tweeters

Wire:

I just did the big three with 4 gauge because thats all i have and dont have the money to spend on 0 gauge at the moment

I have orion o gauge from the front of the car to the back to a battery isolator

i have 4 gauge off the isolator to a kinetic hc600 with a 0 gauge ground (again didnt have any 0 gauge left to continue)

off the battery 4 gauge to fuses

4 gauge off the fuses to all 3 amps

4 gauge grounds from all the amps that are all less than 6 inches

Archived