Help with lights dimming!!!!!!

I can not figure out why my lights are dimming! Its driving me crazy. I feel like i gave done everything and can't figure it out. I am running a

newer front battery with stock and 4 gauge coming off the alternator and sock ground with additional 4 gauge ground

0 gauge wire through out the car to a battery isolator

4 gauge off the isolator to a kinetik hc600 with 4 gauge ground

4 gauge off that to a optima red top battery with 0 gauge groung

all my amps have 4 gauge ground and and power wires

i am running a 200x4 on my back speakers

a 400x4 on my front speakers

and a 800 watt monoblock on my 2 12s

replace all the 4 gauge with 0. What's your voltage drop at full tilt? If your voltage isn't dropping much and your lights are dimming that's your alt. not able to keep up, but if you're voltage is dropping pretty bad then my guess is you don't have enough/clean power.

-playing with different setups

I kinda have with 4 gauge. I ran a extra lead off the alternator to the battery and i did and additional ground to the chassis. My volt is running around 13.6- 14.0. I should also mention that my alternator has been just rebuilt alternator its about 130 amps.

I kinda have with 4 gauge. I ran a extra lead off the alternator to the battery and i did and additional ground to the chassis. My volt is running around 13.6- 14.0. I should also mention that my alternator has been just rebuilt alternator its about 130 amps.

it's your alt. I have no prob keepin above 13 with my alt, batt, ect... but if i get below 13.7? I'll dim like hell... which I do. And I have 130 amp alt. It's your alt... 98% on that one.

edit- if I go from 13.7 to 13.4... I will dim. That .3 will cause me to dim. but 13.7 I am fine. for me, gotta stay above 13.7 and I can't, unless turn down the volume. And have decent batt setup and such.

Sheena = pedobear

The amps are running off the optima and the kinetik. Those two are linked together. I have read my 130 amp alternator should be more than enough power for my system also.

Are you sure your putting out 130 amps? Get that shit tested man

Archived