Second Skin Audio

Help With Used DD Audio 12" Sub

NIHL8ION

The top plate is what the basket screws to on the motor. With me just playin with DD subs on low power in a non well designed box. They do not control the vc very well. If you put rms power to it in a good dd spec box it will slam. I think its the 1000 series for the height of the motor to the basket. The 500's have a wider motor shorter depth the 1000's have tall motor less width.

I'm going to throw this sub in a 2.5 cu ft. Ported box as per DD website recommendations, and see how it sounds B) I'm only running 1.65 cu ft. right now, so I figure damn near a whole cu ft. is sure to make a big difference in the way this thing sounds ;)

20130327_224038_zpsde8a26be.jpg I Know it's not pretty by any means... I in NO WAY consider myself a good box builder at all, but I just threw together a DD spec box for my newly acquired DD 1012b D4 & all I gotta say is WOW !!! Like night and day difference! This thing beats pretty damn hard for what it is, I am very pleased with the results :D

Dont know if these will help but I downloaded them and put them up in another website.

If you click on it it should enlarge to the full size

acmeyMhw.jpg abxR3Z7g.jpg acb0UaDH.jpg adcFPeb4.jpg

honestly I dont know anything about dd subs but it looks like the 1000 series

looks like the top part of the motor on yours is chrome, and on the reference pics in their website the 1000 series is chrome on the top of the motor and the 500 is black.

http://www.ddaudio.com/ImageGen.ashx?image=/media/6325/510up.jpg&width=450&height=450&pad=true

accmg2HL.jpg

adoCJQvY.jpg

notice the chrome on the top of magnet (closest to cone)

Dont know if these will help but I downloaded them and put them up in another website.

If you click on it it should enlarge to the full size

acmeyMhw.jpg abxR3Z7g.jpg acb0UaDH.jpg adcFPeb4.jpg

honestly I dont know anything about dd subs but it looks like the 1000 series

looks like the top part of the motor on yours is chrome, and on the reference pics in their website the 1000 series is chrome on the top of the motor and the 500 is black.

http://www.ddaudio.com/ImageGen.ashx?image=/media/6325/510up.jpg&width=450&height=450&pad=true

accmg2HL.jpg

adoCJQvY.jpg

notice the chrome on the top of magnet (closest to cone)

Thanks for the help :D & Yeah after looking at many pictures and spec sheets, I've determined this is a DD 1012b D4 sub (1000 series as you suggested) That and The power handling kind of gives it away, I'm feeding it a CLEAN 400 watts RMS @ 2 ohm and it's still hungry for more, I know my amp will push a 500 series up to it's physical limits, and this is just not the case... All around I think I got a pretty damn good deal - Paid $40 for the sub, $40 for box materials = $80 invested - It pairs up to my HCCA D-1200 amp very nicely and sounds amazing in my trunk... It seems that it has been getting deeper and louder as well so I don't even think this sub was even broken in yet upon me getting my hands on it ;-) :D

20130327_224038_zpsde8a26be.jpg I Know it's not pretty by any means... I in NO WAY consider myself a good box builder at all, but I just threw together a DD spec box for my newly acquired DD 1012b D4 & all I gotta say is WOW !!! Like night and day difference! This thing beats pretty damn hard for what it is, I am very pleased with the results :D

Box8_zps74c6adca.jpg

Now that's what I call a much needed Improvement !!! :slayer: lol

Archived