Hello everyone, so this is going to be my first build log, it's going to be extra slow as I'm in between jobs currently, but I figured since I always ask for advice on here I might as well show my system.

This is going into a 2001 Buick Century Custom.

First and foremost some pics and stuff I'll be putting this stuff in soon!

This is my headunit; Kenwood DDX470. The main reason I upgraded to this new headunit is due to the increased RCA output voltage. Also, double DINs are cool. :wacky:

wp20130414006.jpg

Wires all soldered up, heat shrunk, and then electrical tape on top of that.

wp20130414007.jpg

Ipod Connectivity; Kenwood KCA iP202

wp20130414009.jpg

1/0 Wire; 50 feet of CCI Royal/Excelene brand welding cable.

wp20130414017.jpg

Copper Lugs for the 1/0 wire.

wp20130414011.jpg

wp20130414010.jpg

So I put my stereo in today, and I can't get the face plate thing to fit. :glare:

wp20130414027.jpg

Oh well, now I can watch dvds while driving though! I will be doing the big three shortly enough here, but I had to build something for my grandmother today and take out some stairs so it may be a few days before I get my big three done.

I've got one big idea that I'm looking at which is doing 8 of the Sa-8V2. I barely have enough room in my trunk to do an 18, so why not do 8 of those little bad boys and get a lot more cone area moving? This is just what I'd like to do and I think it would look cool, so we'll see where this goes.

Invest in lots of soud deadner, those little beasts get down. I have 2 dc m2 8's and their nasty for what they are. Their not even finished breaking in and im shaken the back wall of my truck hard enough to see and hear over the music oh and its on 550 rms lol in .5 sealed per sub tiny box

I've already begun man! I have dynamat on the trunk lid, and then I've been using fat mat's rattle trap on the rest of the trunk so far. I'll take some pictures once it's done! I just signed up for a rock climbing course for the next few weeks though, so this build definitely got put on hold for a little while until it warms up a bit!

Archived