Scion XB RS2 Wall Install Build

I love how the foam makes the wall look like one big curve

Thanks bass fiend....The 1/2" foam padding on the box does make it look as if it has a curvature... which it doesnt, but looks like it.. hehe.

Looks great! Gives it really unique look

On Friday, May 11th, I had the car metered with a term lab over at the local car audio shop, Distinct Beat. Now given the car was not fully completed, ie, the top of the box trim piece not sealed off, the air space between the front face plate and hatch face plat was not filled in (filled it in with blankets) and the back trim piece wasn't sealed off yet.

The car metered 143.7 with the loudness off, bass set at 0 , bass booster at 0 and the volume was on 15 out of 40.

I really was impressed with the 143.7 considering the setup is for a music car.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to make an updated post. Several weeks ago the guys at Distinct Beat Audio clamped my car and metered it on a term lab.

The reading was 140.7 on dash and 143.7 on the floor.

Now, let me tell you, I was happy but still disappointed. Let me explain.... Reason I was happy was the box wasn't completely sealed off, the empty area between the wall wasn't filled and the back of the box wasn't sealed and the RCAs on the amp were messed up.

I had a short in the RCAs on the PC2350. Once the amp got hot, thats when it was losing signal. I would have to barely move the RCAs plugged into the amp and try to position them in a way that would regain that signal. Pain in the ass let me tell ya.

Well, I dropped it off last weekend with my repair guy, he went through it with a fine tooth comb. Come to find out, the board had a very fine hairline crack in it and a TON of bad solder connections. All those were fixed with Silver Solder.

At the time Distinct Beat had the Term Lab, it metered 140.7 on the dash and 143.7 on the floor board and it was putting out only 1150 watts.. I'm like WTF. This PC2350 is way underrated at 1400 RMS. It had to have been the RCAs and loose solder connections.

Reason I say this is because of this. My Scion XB has it's factory 80AMP alternator still in it. I have a yellow top battery. 0GA amp wire, 2ga Big 3....

We clamped this beast yesterday and not only does it hit HARD as hell now, it was clamped at 2700 watts RMS and only using 25.4 AMP. (THIS AMP WILL PULL UP TO 160AMP) and it barely dims the headlights at night. ?!?!?!??!

I only had access to that term lab just that one day only, several weeks back. I have no clue to what it will do now. Well, not until tomorrow. There will be a NSPL car audio competition tomorrow here in town that I will be entering this beast into. I honestly think it will be around 144-145. I have others telling me more like 147-150. I just dont know and will not know until tomorrow.

I will post again tomorrow evening with the results.

Ughh.. I'm kinda disappointed.... I ended up with a 141.7...which was 2nd place.

But, again, I have an 80 amp alternator, (0) extra batteries and only that PPI pc2350.

The person that beat me had (4) 15"s, 330amp alternator and 3 extra batteries on a sundown saz-4500 and he metered at 149.

At what frequency? I am not trying to down your work at all but the xb meters very well and should be doing better numbers...but im assuming you peaked way lower than the resonant frequency... Did you do a sweep and then burp the peak frequency? or just go in blind playing what sounds loud by ear?

At what frequency? I am not trying to down your work at all but the xb meters very well and should be doing better numbers...but im assuming you peaked way lower than the resonant frequency... Did you do a sweep and then burp the peak frequency? or just go in blind playing what sounds loud by ear?

I agree the XB should be better than what it metered.

The best DB (term lab'd 3 weeks b4 show) was from a sound sweep was at 38hz. That is what I played yesterday at the event.

We hooked up a sound stream bx-10 and configured it a few days before the event. On the scosche db meter on vol 3, it increase the signal by 2.1db. So we decided

to let it run with it and then configured it.

The gain on the amp is up only about 1/8 and the qBass on the PC2350 is half up.

Let me say this, when i bought the subs they were orginally RE AUDIO SR PRO 12s. They only last a few days and ended up blowing 1 completely, 2 of them had broke tensils and the 4th one was dead on 1 VC and the other VC on that same sub registered at 3ohm....

So that being said, the box was built around those SR PROs which we doubled the air space for optimal, which RE says is 1.5cf.

The dealer decided to let me upgrade the subs and pay the difference, so I opted to go with the RE SE PRO 12s. These new subs require 2.0cf as optional. But

the box is based on the calculations for the original subs, SR PROS. I'm thinking I need 4cf more of box space and the ports need to be changed. I dunno and may be incorrect.

The PC2350 was clamped at doing 2700 rms and drawing only 25.4 AMP so I've not even scratched the surface of this amp and its potential.

Yes i have ran the pc2350's back when they were new... real nice amps... the xb's resonant frequency is 58hz so tuning that much below isnt helping the numbers... my last setup was 2-12w6's on a 1000/1 and tuned at 46 it burped a 148.3... but wasnt musical for low bass music... dont let the numbers get ya down... you wanted music anyway... my new setup isnt getting tuned high either...

Yes i have ran the pc2350's back when they were new... real nice amps... the xb's resonant frequency is 58hz so tuning that much below isnt helping the numbers... my last setup was 2-12w6's on a 1000/1 and tuned at 46 it burped a 148.3... but wasnt musical for low bass music... dont let the numbers get ya down... you wanted music anyway... my new setup isnt getting tuned high either...

Thanks DFW... What really chapped by behind was watching a honda civic with (2) sony explodes and a RF amp put out an even 146.0 and the box

was a small ported box. each speaker had a port beside each other...It wasnt No prefab box either.

in regards to the 141.7 reading on Saturday, I had the guys clamp the amp again today. The PC2350 amp is only putting out a total 583.45 rms to the 4- 12"s..

Time to order a HO alternator and a few batteries. The subs are only getting less than 1/4 of the wattage they can handle.. ugh

I am definitely gonna want to hear this thing under better voltage capabilities.

Archived