Jump to content

Wiring 2ohm and 4ohm on same amp?


thefourth

Recommended Posts

Posted

So my question is... can I run two 4 ohm mids at 2 ohms each on Chan 1/2 while running a different set of 8 ohm mids wired together at 4 ohms? If I keep them on different channels would this be okay? Or am I not supposed to be mixing ohm loads?

On chan 1/2 Two sets of 4 ohm mids wired like:

2_4ohmSVC_2ohm.png

2_4ohmSVC_2ohm.png

On chan 3 OR 4 one set of 8 ohm mids wired like this?

2_8ohm_svc_4ohm.gif

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1074 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...