98's Lifted 98 Grand Cherokee Build

Nice so far needs more lift

Always needs more lift lol. Probably not going to lift it any more than it is right now. Its an IRO 3.5" lift on 31x10.5s.

NICE MAN!!! i LOVE older lifted jeep cherokees! always wanted to buy one and lift it and put a nice system in it... ended up buying a 2000 F150 that im going to lift soon with wheels and tires, and wall it off with 4 DC XL 15's on 10k

Thanks man

Are those Cragar V5's or Black Window D's?

Truck looks sweet! $500 for a solid 4.0l is a HELL of a deal.

Ya $500 was a solid deal on it at the time. Sold it for about $800-850 I forget how much. It was needing a rebuild on the rear axle still and water pump had just failed on it so replaced it for cost of parts for my buddy before he bought it. The water pumps are cheap as shit for these things it was like $35 for the pump and a couple jugs of coolant and gaskets and gasket remover like $50 total.

I bought it back with the lift and wheels/tires on it and having had the rear axle rebuilt and new brakes for $2750 which at the time I also paid $250 more for the Mechman 270a that was on it and $250 for a d3100 and $500 for a saz-3500 which I sold all the equipment and now want to get into larger stereos again lol (dumb mistakes we make).

So I paid $3750 but that also included $1000 in car audio equipment so I say $2750 for the Heep itself.

edit: oh ya they are Cragar Soft 8 15x8s.

Some older setups I had in it.

At the time I had a pair of SA15s but wanted some cargo space for the spare, so I just installed 1 SA-15 on RD 1750.1 v1 at 1 ohm

JeepStereo.jpg

Then decided to go bigger. A single Crossfire XS v2 15" on SAZ-3000 at .7 ohm.

Crossfire15BoxInstalled003.jpg

Put some deadener up on the roof because the XS v2 on the saz3k at .7ohm was flexing and rattling the fawk out of the roof and hatch. Fully covered the roof with 25 sq ft audio technix 60mil and filled the hatch with 3 cans of expanding foam, 1 big black can of big gap filler and two smaller regular red cans of great stuff. Hatch is super solid. Roof is a good bit more solid at this point.

Pics of the roof deadened, no pics of the hatch sadly.

JeepRoofDeadened003_zps14b96e7b.jpg

JeepRoofDeadened002_zpsd8335a46.jpg

Then decided for some reason I wanted to go smaller and sold the Mechman 270a w/ AVBM and the SAZ-3000. Bought 2 AQ SDC2.5 10s and ran them on RD 1750.1 @ 1 ohm.

AQ10sBoxPainted001_zpsfa97232a.jpg

Now I want to get louder than I ever have so rebuilding again. Plan is 2 DC Level 3 m2 18s in a 4th order c-pillar wall. Not sure on power yet I need new batts and an HO alt would be great too. I was thinking run the RD 1750.1 at .5 ohm on the pair since they are d2s. My deka took a shit on me recently but she was pretty old and used and abused so not really surprised too much.

It will be walled at the C-Pillar the rear seat backs will not fit in place the front of the loading wall will be right at where the bottom of the seat back is factory but still allows me enough space to put groceries and random stuff, shotgun, clay thrower, my bmx bike will fit in the back seat area still, etc.

The rear seat bottoms will remain in place in case of need for rear passengers (not likely but possible), the seat bottoms fold forward and pull up in a matter of 10 seconds each so its easy to remove them for putting my bike in the back or other tall or wide items that need a lower flatter base to sit on.

Anyway here is the subs and the design I have came up with for the wall.

DCLevel318s002_zps3f09cba3.jpg

DCLevel318s001_zpscab0f16a.jpg

View3_zps76c8a1a3.png

View1_zps7994d0a1.png

View2_zpsc1c62012.png

Here shows where the baffle will be placed seperating sealed and ported sides.

4thOrderSeeThruBaffleSideView_zps35c23fb

All double layered and will have 2 braces from back wall to baffle in sealed section and probably four braces from baffle to loading wall in the ported section and one from the top to bottom of the ported section as well. Not sure if a side to side brace is needed yet in the ported section.

I plan to paint the inside of the ported section white. I also plan to use this 5 meter 12v LED strip wired on a switch to add a nice glow to the ported side to show the inside of the box and subs better for demos or showing purposes.

5MLEDStrip005_zps6a9482cc.jpg

5MLEDStrip003_zpsa15f8a8f.jpg

5MLEDStrip002_zps7d8cfe03.jpg

I like it a lot not overly bright and ridiculous like some LEDs can be, it will have a nice glow to it when installed.

nice jeep man! i have a lifted up 1991 explorer which share a lot of the same suspension parts for lifts. also my buddy had the exact same jeep same color and everything, that thing was jumped and beat to shit with 340xxx kms and still drove great. great jeeps another friend of mine has a 93 with about 16 inches of lift on some 37's. ill throw up a picture of it

phillipsjeep_zpsff057904.jpg

nice jeep man! i have a lifted up 1991 explorer which share a lot of the same suspension parts for lifts. also my buddy had the exact same jeep same color and everything, that thing was jumped and beat to shit with 340xxx kms and still drove great. great jeeps another friend of mine has a 93 with about 16 inches of lift on some 37's. ill throw up a picture of it

phillipsjeep_zpsff057904.jpg

Nice that thing is huge lol Id like to have an 8.8 from an explorer in back on my Jeep but cant really afford it right now. Probably shouldnt buy all this audio stuff either but I like it too much.

get an 8.8 from a 95- up explorer they have disc brakes, and i believe the gears are 3.73. either way if your running 31's the gearing is decent. im running 33's and mine was geared down. not to sure on the current gearing because i bought it like that. only thing i wish i had has posi or airlockers!

Guess I never really said whats installed right now audio wise.

Alpine CDA-9856 HU

JeepStereo006.jpg

CDT 6.5" Components 6.5" Mids, SatNet 560 xovers, and DRT-25 Tweets

CDT65Components1.jpg

JeepStereo004.jpg

JeepStereo008.jpg

Sundown SAX 100.2 (I flipped the center plate strip around the right way before installing it)

SundownSAX10021.jpg

Some other random install stuff used.

MiscBuildStuff1.jpg

Archived