Second Skin Audio

2 18's in 1/4 Wave T-Line / Isobaric HELP?

Yates

The pictures you have above is not a t line, looks more like a folded horn of some kind.

I did some quick calculations and came up with:

Tline length- 7.63 ft long but let's just round it to 7.5 ft

The displacement needed throughout the tline is 226.86 sq in. you can round it down smaller to 226 sq in. That is going to be massive!

Just some simple general calculations.

7.63 ft long at what frequency 226.86 Sq inches isnt it the subwoofer area which is 180.4450759 sq inches I don't know tell me if im wrong

The 7.63 ft long is at 37 htz, To my understanding is the fs of the woofer right?

And 180 sq. in. Seems too small for the cone area of an 18. I simply used circumference/ 2 X (radius X radius) to get the answer.

yes sorry 37hz is the fs my sub has quite a wide surround and 385mm is what I measured so 192.5 squared x pi = 116415.6428mm squared which is 180.4450759 in sq inches

i have another idea for the way the port is setup so ill get back on here tonight when i get off work but if you put spacers in you would have to get like 4 inch spacers or something close to that for your magnet to clear the one port wall.

1998 Mustang GT Yellow

5-Speed Manual, Cold-Air Intake, saving up for 4.10 gears in the rear-end.

(1) 12" RE Audio SRx and a ported box tuned to about 36 Hz.

(4) Memphis Audio 15-PR572V2 Coaxials

(1) Set of Rockford Fosgate Punch P1T-S tweeters

yes sorry 37hz is the fs my sub has quite a wide surround and 385mm is what I measured so 192.5 squared x pi = 116415.6428mm squared which is 180.4450759 in sq inches

and could you get just the distance between the middle of the surrond on both sides, not just what you calculated, i just want to make sure im getting what you are getting

1998 Mustang GT Yellow

and could you get just the distance between the middle of the surrond on both sides, not just what you calculated, i just want to make sure im getting what you are getting

Wait Ill recheck again

Yes its inches mm its got a wide surround in the manual it says it has a sd of 113 sq innches

i have another idea for the way the port is setup so ill get back on here tonight when i get off work but if you put spacers in you would have to get like 4 inch spacers or something close to that for your magnet to clear the one port wall.

yeah I know but that's fine

Wait Ill recheck again

Yes its inches mm its got a wide surround in the manual it says it has a sd of 113 sq innches

what do you mean by sd?

1998 Mustang GT Yellow

Wait Ill recheck again

what do you mean by sd?

effective cone area and I checked it was 395mm so 15.5512 inches

im no expert on this, but had a T line designed a few years back using 10"s so what i say is based off that design and process. I see you are using Fs as the "tuning", and I know T lines will play below that. I thought most people designed T lines to play below the Fs of the sub? I dont remember specs off my head, but my 10"s were tuned to 30hz and had the subsonic filter on at 25. I just know my line length was much longer than yours for 10"s. Some of the T line experts may chime in, but Isnt that short line length going to hurt some of the low end ablity? If i were going to the trouble of using 18" I would want to make sure my line could support down into the 20s on music, other wise I would use smaller subs. Again, I may be wrong and some of the T line users can correct me if so.

im no expert on this, but had a T line designed a few years back using 10"s so what i say is based off that design and process. I see you are using Fs as the "tuning", and I know T lines will play below that. I thought most people designed T lines to play below the Fs of the sub? I dont remember specs off my head, but my 10"s were tuned to 30hz and had the subsonic filter on at 25. I just know my line length was much longer than yours for 10"s. Some of the T line experts may chime in, but Isnt that short line length going to hurt some of the low end ablity? If i were going to the trouble of using 18" I would want to make sure my line could support down into the 20s on music, other wise I would use smaller subs. Again, I may be wrong and some of the T line users can correct me if so.

Ill take this to consideration I can see what you mean I will try to do so

Archived