Sonic Electronix

To make it look clean gut the 12v to USB( which should already lower the voltage to .5 or 1v) then use the flush mount USB adapters.

I was considering using one of those, BUT I have had nothing but bad things happen with them. First it fried my old BlackBerry, and then again, another one fried my Samsung Galaxy SII, Although they have the flush look, I refuse to use the electronics from them at all.
Here is a link to the one I bought today. I would try gutting one from a carrier(higher quality). I have heard stories of 12v to USB adapters frying and melting but is usually the cheap ones.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-PTki0BHrPA3/p_541USBCBL/PAC-USB-Extension-Cable.html

2003 Tahoe

dc 7.5k

dc level 5 15's (3)

MMats 341's

xs power batts

lots of sky high cable

dual alts(came off the sky-high gmc and don't know who made them)

ipad in center console

vu-din in center console

all being ripped out and being sold

To make it look clean gut the 12v to USB( which should already lower the voltage to .5 or 1v) then use the flush mount USB adapters.

I was considering using one of those, BUT I have had nothing but bad things happen with them. First it fried my old BlackBerry, and then again, another one fried my Samsung Galaxy SII, Although they have the flush look, I refuse to use the electronics from them at all.
Here is a link to the one I bought today. I would try gutting one from a carrier(higher quality). I have heard stories of 12v to USB adapters frying and melting but is usually the cheap ones.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-PTki0BHrPA3/p_541USBCBL/PAC-USB-Extension-Cable.html

oh, I like that plug, so now all I need to do is find a good quality converter/regulator to plug it into, or maybe even make one, I am sure it's not that hard. We'll see, I'm going to do some more research first.

1996 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer V8 AWD

So far with the Ford/JBL Stock Stereo system, Alpine System coming soon.

Archived