Sonic Electronix

Yea, the 3sixty.3's are going for a little less than $400 with free shipping on Ebay. And the Airport Express is going for around $50. The only downside that I can see, is that the 3sixty.3 doesn't do any high level output. So you'd have to run an amp for the low's/mid's/high's etc. But very do-able. And if you run a remote level control ( http://www.pac-audio.com/productDetails.aspx?ProductId=267&CategoryID=28 ) you'll have volume on each amp. The 3sixty.3 says it has a "Programmable dual function remote (Master Volume, Sub Volume, Sub EQ). But I don't know if it's a volume knob or what? I don't own a 3sixty.3 .... YET! That's a question that would be best suited for someone that has used them alot before.... STEVE.... A LITTLE HELP PLEASE! LOL

i use a 360.3 in my truck with a galaxy tab 2 in the dash. works good and my amps are on the back wall and the 360 is right between them. no problems at all and i have been running it for a month or two now. the only lame thing is that it will only pair and remember one device. so if i want to use my iphone instead of my galaxy tab then i have to relink it each time i switch. dosnt seem like a big deal but its much nicer to just jump in and go and not have to link up another device if you want to switch.

This is a tempting answer to using my 1st gen Ipad for my project as a source unit, but I still have to figure out how to stream video from it. Such a pain in the a$$! Lol

If you read my above post ^^^ , you could basically do the same thing, but use an Apple TV ( http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_ipod/ipod_accessories/apple_tv ). You'll get the Wi-Fi (CD) quality of audio, it also has an optical out, but it also has an HDMI for video, you could easily convert it down for VGA/RCA/ETC whatever you needed really. It'd be a pretty sick build.
So the thought would be connect the Ipad to the Apple TV, no head unit, and then Apple TV to 360.3? Makes sense, but how would I do WiFi all the time when driving if the Apple TV needs WiFi or Router? Make sense?

Firm believer in letting my cars do my talking!

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

"Black Pearl" Build Thread

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

This is a tempting answer to using my 1st gen Ipad for my project as a source unit, but I still have to figure out how to stream video from it. Such a pain in the a$$! Lol

If you read my above post ^^^ , you could basically do the same thing, but use an Apple TV ( http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_ipod/ipod_accessories/apple_tv ). You'll get the Wi-Fi (CD) quality of audio, it also has an optical out, but it also has an HDMI for video, you could easily convert it down for VGA/RCA/ETC whatever you needed really. It'd be a pretty sick build.
So the thought would be connect the Ipad to the Apple TV, no head unit, and then Apple TV to 360.3? Makes sense, but how would I do WiFi all the time when driving if the Apple TV needs WiFi or Router? Make sense?

The Apple TV doesn't have to be hooked up to do streaming from the iPAD. The Apple TV acts like a hotspot so the iPad would always be connected to it and could stream to it, regardless of internet connection. My friend has the Airport/processor/amp/speakers in a truck. Sounds and looks awesome. I know it sounds wierd, but it works.

The Apple TV doesn't have to be hooked up to do streaming from the iPAD. The Apple TV acts like a hotspot so the iPad would always be connected to it and could stream to it, regardless of internet connection. My friend has the Airport/processor/amp/speakers in a truck. Sounds and looks awesome. I know it sounds wierd, but it works.

He just have the Apple TV connected via a converter in his truck then? I am very intrigued as I have been trying to figure out a way to make my Ipad work for audio and video to other screens.

Is it always on or is it a huge PITA everytime you start the car?

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

He just have the Apple TV connected via a converter in his truck then? I am very intrigued as I have been trying to figure out a way to make my Ipad work for audio and video to other screens.

Is it always on or is it a huge PITA everytime you start the car?

It wouldn't be on all the time, unless you wire it that way. And using the Apple TV, it has an hdmi port for video. Anytime you played a video on the ipad, it would automatically play over the screens in the car. That's how the Apple TV works. While the audio would go through the optical port to the 3sixty.3.

It wouldn't be on all the time, unless you wire it that way. And using the Apple TV, it has an hdmi port for video. Anytime you played a video on the ipad, it would automatically play over the screens in the car. That's how the Apple TV works. While the audio would go through the optical port to the 3sixty.3.

Thanks for all the info, I guess what I meant was since it isn't on all the time does the Apple TV need to reboot or anything when you turn it back on via starting the car? Does it take a while to actually get the system up and running after the it turns on?

Archived