Second Skin Audio

1 Sundown SA-12 build

I have a 4 Ohm DVC Sundown Sa-12. I want to build a box for it, but i am not good at finding the specs. I can build the box once i have board lengths and everything. I plan on using 3/4 mdf and i want to build a bandpass if that is what's going to make the sub sound the loudest, and cleanest. It's in my daily driver for now and i'm just looking to get more out of it. this is the max amount of room i have to fit it in.Width- 42" Height-20" Depth-18". I'm basically looking for recommendations on what kind of box i should use to get the loudest, and if someone could give me specs i can build off of, i would really appreciate that!

I've been working on it and i've come up with this... my Length-26" Width-15" Height-18". those are the outside dimensions i came to. The sealed section will be Length-8" Width-15" Height-18" which leaves my ported section at Length-18" Width-15" Height-18". Can anyone give me feedback on this? it is my first bandpass box. i came up with 1.111 cu ft inside of the sealed and 2.453 cu ft inside the ported. So now what about my port? how do calculate that? and do my dimensions sound right?

Archived