So i recently purchased my first pair of fifteens 2 POLK MM1540D subwoofers.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_107MM1540D/Polk-Audio-MM1540D.html?search=mm1540d&osp=mm1540d&tp=111

i purchased the grills to go with them. i installed them in a run of the mill cookie cutter 2.5 cubic foot slot port box.

and until i can afford the pair of alpine amps i want i am running a 2000 watt lanzar max i dont really like lanzar but its pretty intense.

this is the 1000 watt before i traded up for the 2000 watt im running it at 2 ohms per channel

DSCN1373_zps3b422dfd.jpg

here is the sub in the box the first time i installed them

the amp on the right side is running the speaker bar up to i had 2 oldschool lanzar 6.2s up there. but i blew them out and had only one speaker left over

DSCN1368_zps3d0a5593.jpg

by the time i had no speakers left i got a little upset with only bass and completely gutted my jeep and changed the interior color and rewire the sound system.

IMG_20130726_192133_zps99152b67.jpg

currently there are no speakers hooked to the head unit in fact i cut the speaker wires off the plug at the head unit. all the speaker wires now run to the right rear where i have a Helix E400 mounted. 110 x 4 rms 270 x 4 peak at 4 ohms

I cut piece of mdf to custom fit over the trim panel. i have not put the material on it yet so the mdf is naked lol

IMG_20130726_192143_zps48856826.jpg

i cut a slot below the amp to run the wires back inside when i carpet the mdf i will fix the wire mess. but for now this is how it stands.

I have a 0 gauge running back from the battery and behind the mdf is my distribution block dropping it down to a 4 gauge that goes right to the helix amp

IMG_20130726_192152_zps75b52feb.jpg

im running ebay precision power speakers up front and so far i have no problems with them. they are 3 ohms and are running at 200 watts. the rear speakers are polks and i got them for free they smell of burnt speaker when i crank them up lol. i will be getting another set of the precision power for the rear soon. im running an alpine cde-134hd head unit and an offbrand equalizer i have a ebay 160 amp alt and im fused at 250. i havent taken many other pics yet so if there is something specific you would like to see please let me know

Archived