Sundown Audio

Hertz HDP Amps?

TITUS1985

Has anyone used these amps in a setup? I'm getting the HDP 1 and HDP 4. Do they run hot being class D? Also will I lose any sound quality with the 4 channel being class D as well?

Thanks in advance, just trying to gather some information about these amps so when I do the install I get the best out of them.

The HDP 1 will have 2 12" Hertz Hi Energy subs wired to a 2 ohm load

The HDP 4 will have Hertz HSK 163 3 ways and Hertz HSK 130 2 ways all at 4 ohm

Thanks again, Nick

• 2 weeks later...

Well this is only an update on the amps. Hopefully other people can use this if they are not sure about these amps.

First off these little amps are powerful! The HDP4 puts out so much power and it's super clean for being digital no complaints about it what so ever :) The highs are crisp and the mids just seem to blend super well. (The one notable difference going from the Audison amp to the Hertz amp was the "warm" midbass sound) but its not enough to be a bed thing. Secondly the HDP1 puts out power, a lot of power! More than I was expecting! It's pushing 2 Hi Energy 12's without even breathing hard. Props to Hertz for making these incredible amps.

This post is to only update what I've experienced with these amps and to show other people that are maybe interested in these but not sure if they would be worth it. And I'm telling you it is completely worth it! I love these amps and couldn't be happier with my purchase.

Thanks for all the support on this forum site, you guys rock!

Nick

Archived