Good automotive antenna for police scanner?

A CB antenna wont work for it. It might happen to pick up a little bit but the freqs are diff. You can start by looking around online for places in your area that do installs for emergency vehicles or places that sell radios and such to police and Fire depts. You should be able to find a few diff styles. I have a window mount in my truck for my FD radio. If you get one like that make sure that you either take your time on the install or have a pro do it. You have to glue the 2 halves of the antenna on either side of the window and they have to be PERFECTLY aligned to come in good. Another one, if you want to cut a hole in your roof is a mast type. I just did an install for a guy that had a wire antenna that suctioned to the window like a Sirius radio. You can check truck stops as well. The ones in my area sell police scanners in the same section as CBs....they might have an antenna there for it. Sorry this was so long....Hope it helps my friend.

95 Civic 4 door-

2005 Chevy SilveradoSkar 15' IVX (2)Skar SK 800.1DSkar SK 85.4 A/B - Yet to be installed

2-Deep cycle Marine Batteries

Big 3

A whole shit load of 1/0 welding cable. Lil overkill for what I have but I have it so Im using it!

A CB antenna wont work for it. It might happen to pick up a little bit but the freqs are diff. You can start by looking around online for places in your area that do installs for emergency vehicles or places that sell radios and such to police and Fire depts. You should be able to find a few diff styles. I have a window mount in my truck for my FD radio. If you get one like that make sure that you either take your time on the install or have a pro do it. You have to glue the 2 halves of the antenna on either side of the window and they have to be PERFECTLY aligned to come in good. Another one, if you want to cut a hole in your roof is a mast type. I just did an install for a guy that had a wire antenna that suctioned to the window like a Sirius radio. You can check truck stops as well. The ones in my area sell police scanners in the same section as CBs....they might have an antenna there for it. Sorry this was so long....Hope it helps my friend.

Thanks man! Is there a CB style antenna that would work? Like one I drill a hole and mount? or would an FM antenna work?

2012 Jeep Wrangler 3.6 W/ 6 Speed

Build Log

2011 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor 6.2

Build Log

YouTube

I know we can get them up in Maine. Drill thru the roof and mount. Seal her up gooooood!

95 Civic 4 door-

2005 Chevy SilveradoSkar 15' IVX (2)Skar SK 800.1DSkar SK 85.4 A/B - Yet to be installed

2-Deep cycle Marine Batteries

Big 3

A whole shit load of 1/0 welding cable. Lil overkill for what I have but I have it so Im using it!

Archived