good new/used double din HU for silverado ?

Hey guys, soon I’m planning on buying a 2003 or newer Silverado as a run around vehicle, as the 2003 is when they did the double din opening instead of the 1.5 and the front looks nicer instead of the rounded face. anyways, I would like to put one of the double din radios that allows me XM and Nav as that would be used the most and maybe DVD(don’t watch dvds really). I’ve seen some used for like 250 and I’ve seen new for around 4-500, but since I live in the bad part of town right now taking care of my dad I would need one that allows the faceplate to come off or at least part of it, so that if anyone shines thru the window they will see it’s not worth breaking the glass or screwdrivering the handle for, aka a visual deterrent.

I’m kind of flexible on the MFG as I assume most of them have stepped up their quality over the years. If I can stay with names such as pioneer or Kenwood or such it would be a plus as I remember most of them have a good signal and line out voltage if I wanted to do a ported 8" in the cabin. I would prefer the 250 range but could go up to the 400 range if needed if it’s substantially better.

thanks

Pioneer Head units are generally very expandable. XM isn't included in this radio, but it can be added. There are alot out there. I always go to the pioneer website to double check to make sure it does what I want or how expanable it is. What will work with it and what will not.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pioneer-AVIC-U310BT-Automotive-In-Dash-GPS-Receiver-/290956070926?pt=GPS_Devices&hash=item43be55500e

Thought this was pretty slick: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Detachable-Dummy-Security-Face-Plate-Panel-for-Double-Din-car-dvd-player-Stereo-/160775447860?pt=US_Video_In_Dash_Units_w_o_GPS&hash=item256ef6a534

Aslo, there is a double din head unit review in this forum. May help you out.

2002 GMC 2500HD w/8.1 liter v-8

Pioneer Avic N-5 HU

Pioneer CD-BTB200 Bluetooth

Pioneer CD-UB100 usb

Pioneer GEX-P910XM XM receiver

Pioneer CD-1200 IPhone adapter

Pioneer TS-W309D2 subs x2

Audiopipe split 3003

2 Autotek 3-way active crossovers

2 alpine tweeters

RF Punch P132 3.5" full range

RF Power T1462 4x6 full range

RF Power T1693 6x9 3 way

RF Power T2652 T2 6.5 components

2 Autotek ATX 1200.4 amps 4

RF P400 amp

Massive N4 nano-block

I measure loud by the amount of smoke it puts out.

www.enforcer-gaming.com

Archived