David Mears Posted August 3, 2013 Report Posted August 3, 2013 Okay Im the guy who posted yesterday with the solo x 18. I finally figured out how to use torres box program.....I think. But I would like to know a few things out about box phsyics before I cut these dimensions out. Fisrt of all, I have a depth of 21 for the whole bow, but kicker says use 150 sq inch port area X 21" I have a 5 inch wide port and 30 inch tall adding to exactly 150 sq inch, I got that part down. But does it have to be 21 inches? Becauseif it does Wont I have to make an L ? I origionally was going to go with a 17 " long port and it wouldnt L it would stop. Also, If its a 21 inch long port, with a 21 inch depth, where would I make the box L at? Does it matter? Like 15 inch long then a 6 inch L. or a 17 inch long port with the 4 inch L. I just didnt know if the port had to have a consistent width the whole time of 5 inches like the port width is in the front. I appreciate all help:)
David Mears Posted August 3, 2013 Author Report Posted August 3, 2013 Oh and on torres box calculator, what do I put for common port walls? Im guessing either 1 or 2 depending if the port bends or not.
Jessica Posted August 3, 2013 Report Posted August 3, 2013 Read the Torres thread again. There are examples of what "common walls" are. Also, if your port is going in the front of the box and your depth is 21 total you can t have a 17" long port without bends. You have to have at least the port width between the end of the port and the back of the box. Also, if you do a single port it is probably a 3 common wall port but check first. If it is 3 common wall and you have to put a bend in it make sure you keep the port width consistent. Anyway, I'm at work so i cant sit here and help a whole lot. if you post screenshots of torres that will help more. Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
David Mears Posted August 3, 2013 Author Report Posted August 3, 2013 Oh okay! So since my port opening is 5 inches wide, it needs to have 5 inches from the back when it bends. So the port is consistent the whole 21 inches kicker says it needs. I appreciate it! Torres said the cutout was too complex to display so that got me wondering. I hope im doing this all rigt:)
David Mears Posted August 3, 2013 Author Report Posted August 3, 2013 www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IGRVTBpIWI Im basically mimicking this set up.. With his box, he has the side slot port with everything foward, and it L's on the inside I believe too, Just a visual of what box im making.
Jessica Posted August 3, 2013 Report Posted August 3, 2013 The box in the video is a 3 common wall box. With the solo X 18 i would do at least a double baffle. When you add a "1" to extra baffles in torres it assumes it is inside the box. Are you serious about making the box 31" tall. That's pretty tall unless you plan on laying it on it's back. You might wan to just double layer the whole box if you are going to give it serious power. And you might want to add some bracing too. As for the rest i have no experience with kicker subs so i can't help much there. Anyway, back to work. Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.